labs/ unprotected vitamin counts

BlancheJackson
on 8/7/08 12:06 am - Butler, PA
Yesterday, I received a reply to my response about labs when the vitamin draws are unprotected. Today, I can't find the original post, or the message I received.... so.... if you are out there!!!!

My counts came back low... because the vitamin draws were unprotected.. but I'm not sure it would always be that way. I suggest calling your Dr... and seeing if he wants them redone... he probably will!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Pam Hart
on 8/7/08 12:39 am - Easton, PA
I missed your post the other day so I dont exactly know what you are talking about...

I can tell you that b1 is I believe the ONLY one that needs to be protected from light after drawing - it also needs to be put on ice or in the fridge by the lab.  I only know this because I get my blood draws at the hospital I work at - and because I'm such a hard stick - I always have my ER staff stick me cause the lab always has problems with me (so does my staff, actually, but at least I know them, lol)  So I had to figure out what was what in order to have them do it correctly as obviously the ER is not in habit of drawing vitamin levels.....

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 8/7/08 4:32 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for reminding me...I need to get my 2 year labs done on Friday morning.  I almost forgot. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views