All ready to go.

tanya72100
on 8/7/08 2:34 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Im all ready to go. PAT's done, met with the surgeon( he was wonderful by the way) Dr. Pertrick spent 45 minutes with me explaining what would happen from the minute i walked in the hospital doors to when i go home. The risks, the signs if problems and everything we could think of. He said he thinks im an easy patient. lol. Only Arthititis Sp? and insulin resisitance, no heart, blood pressure or any other major medical problems. He gave me a goal weight of about 160lbs but he said he thinks i will be less than that, because im so YOUNG??? LOL I said .. Umm im 30!! He said sweetheart.. Your young.. lol

I love him!!

August 29th!! Here I come..

Oh and bonus, bf is coming home for any extra two days from school in Florida.
Thank you Full Sail!!

tanya72100
on 8/7/08 2:43 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
stinking ticker wont work now.. grrrrr

dit657
on 8/7/08 3:05 am - Boothwyn, PA

Sounds like you found yourself a wonderful surgeon and you're all set and ready to rock and roll!! And you are YOUNG! I have a daughter older than you - your age and overall health are going to really help you thru the surgery and recovery. Am wishing you all the best.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tanya72100
on 8/7/08 3:10 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Thanks Kathy. I feel really lucky. Ive been going to Geisinger for all different things. My younger brother was in the PICU with Viral A- septic meningitits. Fluid on the brain and lived. They are awesome. My daughter was born there at 39 weeks with out of control Gestational Diabetes, borderline preclampsia, and a prior pre term pregnancy(my son). We both went home in 5 days.
They are a center of excellence for WLS. Im hopeful!!

Shan08
on 8/7/08 5:50 am - the Skook, PA
Geez, this thread made me feel better, LOL
I'm 30 with no health problems.
It just better stay that way! ;)

We'll do fine fellow Skook.

((hugs))

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Patricia R.
on 8/7/08 4:25 pm - Perry, MI
You are definitely young.  I have a daughter 32, and a son 30 and a son 25.  I am only 50, and I do not feel old yet, but some of my students act like I am ready to retire. 

You will do great with surgery, and it is great that you are comfortable with your doctor.  That is so important with something like this. 

Your surgery date is right near my surgiversary.  August is a great month to begin a new life.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 8/8/08 6:46 am - Easton, PA
Glad the bf is coming home for an extra couple of days - that's always a good thing.

I'm turning 28 this year - so I guess I fit into that category too.  I was 235 at my high weight, 219 day of surgery.  Before hand I had always said "I want to get to 150 and then we'll take it from there"  (I'm 5'3")  I got to 150 - was totally NOT happy there yet and understood I had more to go.  I'm now teetering between 129-131 depending on the day - surgeon just told me she would like me around 128 and I'm aiming for that....I get told I'm "to skinny" often now - and I just tell them I am under doctors supervision and I am ok.....of course, I don't see it often (although last night I walked past a mirror at work and did a double take cause I didn't realize it was me!) but am slowly getting there.

So basically what that rambling was is "yea, you'll probably be below that" - just keep working your tool and it will work for you!

I had borderline high blood pressure, pre diabetic, mild sleep apnea, arthritic joint changes, low thyroid.  I was only on meds for the thyroid, not the other stuff, and I didn't need cpap yet.  Although all the doctors told me in another year or two I would probably be on meds for bp, cholesterol and possibly cpap.  My sleep study is normal now, my normal blood pressure is anywhere between 102/60 - 108/72 (beats the hell outta 142/90 any day!), my fasting blood sugars are 80 as opposed to 45-55 and my joints normally don't hurt any more (every once in awhile after a rough night at work my back still does, but that is par for the course I guess)

You'll do great - you sound so upbeat and optimistic!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views