naughty Steve!

sbrunell
on 8/7/08 1:42 am - Bensalem, PA
Ok, so I have my 3 mo check up tomorrow, but when I hopped on the scale it was 300.1 lbs. I so want it to be 299 or less. So today I am doing all a lot of liquids to keep the calorie count down.  But my protein is running better than normal, so i guess that's a positive.

But somehow, I see me getting in trouble tomorrow at my appt for not eating enough.

I've also been grazing, so I felt not having food would make that more difficult.

And, yes, I know, don't fuss so much about the weight, and don't weigh myself that often. I know, really, but I'm like an addict, and I won't stop. 

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

dit657
on 8/7/08 3:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
Dude, you have got to stop beating yourself up all the time! God knows we all want to see that scale number go as low as possible on every visit to Barix, but as we progress thru this journey we're not saints and nobody exer expected us to be. I bet you've done much better than you think and Dr P is going to be very happy with you - and as long as you're getting your proteins in the nut will also be happy. You're only 3 months out - you have a long way to go.

So be kinder to yourself - if you won't hide that scale or put it away at least try to only weigh yourself once a week - its not going to move every day, you know. But its going to frustrate the hell out of you if you continueally weigh yourself and don't see it moving - and that's not good because it leads to other destructive habits, like eating!

Good luck on your visit tomorrow - I hope you have better results than you think you will. And maybe talk to Dr P about that scale obsession!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
sbrunell
on 8/7/08 3:10 am - Bensalem, PA
I gave up that idea.  I am having a tuna pouch for lunch. It's 3 oz, 19g Protein, and only 90 calories.
I am going to be at the gym tonite anyway.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

GinaB308
on 8/7/08 4:37 am - PA
Hey Steve, I'm Gina....I haven't been on the boards too much this summer, been quite busy.  Just wanted to let you kow i am one of those nuts who gets on the scale every morning and always have since surgery.  You'll hear many different opinions on the subject, I found it helps keep me honest and in line.  I actually would journal my weight in my food diary and it helped me see when my body would plateau and how long one would last.  I am now 9 mo. out from surgery and I too find myself starting to graze, old habbits die hard but once you realize your doing it just get yourself back in check.  The tool is a great gift that has helped me be "aware" of my old habbits and knowing when i am actually hungry.  I find it is easier to stick to my 6 mini meals when at work(it's easier to watch the clock).  Hang in there you seem to be doing great!!!  OH was definitely a significant part of my success, I still check in  a few tiimes a day just to keep up with everyone and learn something new.  Good luck with your follow up with Dr. P.......she is the best!!!

Ciao~
Gina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views