Randall Culpepper

dit657
on 8/6/08 9:27 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi - some of you guys will remember Randall posting a daily message for a while - he fell in love with Lucy and was always drinking some kind of amazing coffee? I just got my new subscription to OH Magazine (its very good) and they have a litle section called WOW Moments and Randall is in this months - his WOW moment was meeting Lucy on the OH Boards and falling in love. I didn't realize his wife died in 2006 - not sure he had ever mentioned that in his posts.

Anyway, just wanted to share because I thought it was neat that someone we sort of 'know' was in the magazine.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 8/6/08 10:21 pm - Pottstown, PA
That is so good!  He doesn't really post anymore though does he? I liked his posts...

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/6/08 10:24 pm - Boothwyn, PA
No, he doesn't post on the PA boards anymore - I enjoyed reading his posts but they were never something people really responded to, so maybe he thought we didn't enjoy them? I hope that's not the case.

Pam Hart
on 8/6/08 10:28 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy,

OMG to funny.  Last night at work we were talking about my "online support group" (obviously OH) and people were asking about my friends here and what we talk about - and I mentioned him - saying about his coffee and what not and how we haven't heard from him in awhile...so that got me thinking about him.

Maybe he's just busy all in love and planning their wedding!

His story is pretty interesting - I spent a lot of time on his blog page one day reading through everything - he's got a lot on his plate in life in general - and is always so positive, it amazes me.

Thanks for the update.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 8/6/08 10:33 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Their wedding is coming up - Sept 27. He had a really cute line in his article about his friends trying to match-make - he said "If God wants me to have another woman in my life (after my wife died in 2006) He will  put her in my lap," meaning I wasn't even interested. Little did I know, He would place her in my "LAPtop!".

I thought that was really cute. There's a picture of him proposing to Lucy with the ring and yes, he's down on one knee!

Patricia R.
on 8/6/08 10:45 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Kathy,
Randall regularly posts his Coffee Talk on the Christianity Message Board. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/christianity/

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 8/7/08 3:01 am - Lancaster, PA
Randall was on the WLS cruise i went on and gave a talk at our morning meeting. He is an awesome man. He has been through alot with his wife, dying, his house burning down, and his physcial ailments. He just takes it all in stride and says he is flattered that he can call JOB a peer because he was tested too. He is an amazing man and I am happy he has found love.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views