My sister RNY tomorrow

ktreavis
on 8/6/08 8:44 am - PA
Hey everybody - I am trying to stay connected and I am reading everyone's posts but I am not getting as much time to post lately. Anyway, my sis is having surgery with Dr. P tomorrow. She has to be there at 7:45 am. I have mixed feelings about all of this, but that is for another post. Anyway, I will be spending the day at Barix tomorrow. I will see Diane and Rita while I am there. Hope you are all well and enjoying your journey as much as I am. - Katie

Progress not perfection

evrblue
on 8/6/08 8:55 am - McConnellsburg, PA
Best Wishes for Your Sister~
lauraanne715
on 8/6/08 9:04 am - Pottstown, PA
Katie--
I will keep your sister in my thoughts!  You know she is in good hands with Dr. P and that Barix is awesome ! Hope all is well!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

rita61677
on 8/6/08 9:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
i'm sure ill get to meet you tomorrow and your sis, me adn dianne can walk together!!!!
Nicole0216
on 8/6/08 9:34 am - Lancaster, PA
good luck to your sister and god speed
Melanie B.
on 8/6/08 9:37 am - Doylestown, PA
wowza, busy day at Barix tomorrow! I will keep your sister in my thoughts and look for me too I'll be there for PATs from 8am-12noonish...

Patricia R.
on 8/6/08 11:58 am - Perry, MI
Katie,
I am praying for your sister, as well as Dianne and Rita.  You know how good Barix is, so you can rest easy in knowing that she is in good hands. 

Hugs and love,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 8/6/08 9:44 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Katie - Congratulations to your sister for taking the big step to a healthier life - you know she's in good hands at Barix and with Dr. P.

As for your mixed feelings - is it a bit of sibling rivalry that she's now having the surgery done? If so I think that would be perfectly normal, even tho in your heart you know its probably the best thing for her, but sometimes that little green-eyed monster inside us just wants something that's ours alone. Its funny, because I've always been the heaviest one in my close group of friends - not that it was planned that way but as we all aged and got heavier I always stayed ahead of the crowd by being the biggest - well, I'm not the biggest anymore, and several of my friends are now on a diet and exercise regime because they know I'm getting close to their current weight and they're panicking - and I'm not dreaming this - 2 of them have actually told me there's no way I'm going to be 'skinnier' than them! And why not?! I've always been fatter - isn't it MY turn to be the thin one? LOL!

Anyway, all that being said that may not be what you're having mixed feelings about at all and I might be totally off base...if so just slap me!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 8/6/08 10:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Katie,
Wishing your sister all the best! You know she is in good hands at Barix.
Tammy
Pam Hart
on 8/6/08 10:33 pm - Easton, PA
Katie,

Good luck to your sister tomorrow!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views