I'm home!

lizziebug
on 8/6/08 8:57 pm - Bristol, PA
Hello everyone!
Thank you for all the kinds words & prayers! They were very helpful!

I did good Monday I took a few walks & loved my wet minty tasting sponge!

Tuesday I was okay during the day... But that night I was very very grumpy! I was having IV problems & dry heaving! So I'm sorry if I was grumpy pants to anyone.

Wednesday, I was discharged. I walked a lot, just have stinging pain in my left side. I think thats were the do all the work, so I guess thats normal.

Today I get to start protein & pudding hooray! I just hope I can meet my liquid & protein goals. Its harder than you would think to get it all in.

I'll keep everyone posted Thanks again!

ktreavis
on 8/6/08 9:09 pm - PA
Good to know that you are home. Concentrate on your fluids and then worry about your protein. It will be hard to meet your goals at first but this is normal. It will come with time. Welcome to the loser's bench. - Katie

Progress not perfection

dit657
on 8/6/08 9:50 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome home Liz!! Congrats on the successful surgery - healing and feeling better will come in time - take lots of little walks - sip tha****er - and like Katie said don't concentrate on the proteins too much right now - try to eat and get the drinks down but it will come with time. Don't pu**** too much.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Ready4 AChange
on 8/6/08 10:01 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Glad you are doing well. Just remember , it takes time. You have been rearranged and it may take time healing the inside longer than the outside. Just follow doctors rules and you will be successful.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Pam Hart
on 8/6/08 10:37 pm - Easton, PA
Welcome home!!  Sounds like your journey was pretty uneventful thus far, which is a good thing.

That stabbing left sided pain can last - and sometimes it goes away for a few days and you think "wow - it's all gone" and then BAM it hits you again.  I believe Dr. P told me the biggest instrument she uses is in the bottom left so it is a bigger incision and deeper - it goes through deep muscle - so there are inside sutures pulling on it too.

Protein - nope it's NOT harder than we think to get it all in - trust me - we've all been there.  Dr. P will probably tell you to concentrate on fluids especially the first few weeks.  Obviously TRY to get your protein in - but don't be to discouraged if you can't - it will come with time.

Walk walk walk sip sip sip and get some well needed rest!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 10:57 pm
Liz

Glad to see you are home and all went well. Just remember to keep taking the little walks and sipping!
Do not get upset if you do not hit all your goals right out of the gate it takes time to heal your body and get in the groove.
CherylT
on 8/6/08 11:06 pm - Perkasie, PA
Welcome home!

Patricia R.
on 8/6/08 11:20 pm - Perry, MI

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bubble273
on 8/7/08 12:15 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Liz,

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!  Glad everything went well with surgery.  Welcome to the loser's bench, girlfriend!!!  I know you're going to do fabulous.

Really, don't worry about getting everything in...worry later down the line.  Just take care of yourself and get your fluids in and remember to keep walking.  Don't stress over not being able to get everything in if you can't....it will come.

Take care.

Karen

Laureen S.
on 8/7/08 2:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lizzie,

Congrats on joining the Loser's Bench!  The protein goals will take time to meet, especially the first week or two as your pouch is healing, just do the best you can and get in those liquids and, of course, move those feet!

Hugs and good wishes as you recover, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views