>>> im so upset about this. but it figures. i was wondering if anyone else had surgery with your friend being there? if so, what feminine hygiene products did you use??? I know you have ... " />

Women surgery ???

rita61677
on 8/6/08 2:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Ok Ladies - so I have my RnY tomorrow and today i my "friend" came to visit>>>> im so upset about this. but it figures. i was wondering if anyone else had surgery with your friend being there? if so, what feminine hygiene products did you use??? I know you have to take everything off so im not sure about pads and then tampons well if you cant have jewlry in then i would think you cant use them. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Im freakin out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Melanie B.
on 8/6/08 2:48 am - Doylestown, PA
I dont have the answer to that specifically, but my guess is that they see it all the time. Just tell the nurse in pre-op and they will hook you up with some sort of chuck pads or something.

sbrunell
on 8/6/08 3:12 am - Bensalem, PA
Ok, I know it's odd that I, of all people, am posting this, but I know it's ok. I know someone else freaked out about it.

I would call in Today and let them know. Maybe you can bring something, and it will be more comfortable w/ something of your own, than what they will give you.

This is certainly not my avenue of expertise, but calling is probably the best solution.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Liz R.
on 8/6/08 3:17 am - Easton, PA
OK - I didn't get mine until the day after surgery, and well they give you a telephone book sized pad, so I would go prepared. As for the surgery, I cna't imagine them caring, it will just be well um messier... Remember you are going to have a catheter in, so they might let you have a tampon. Yuo can always call over and talk to one of the nurses - thats why they are there!

Best of luck tomorrow *hugs*

Liz
jdruski
on 8/6/08 3:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Rita,

They see it all the time.  I assume they will give you pads, etc.  Don't freak.  I didn't have a period for 4 years and got it 3 days after surgery.  That freaked me out.  You will probably stop once you have the surgery and it will resume later.

Call Barix and ask them if you should bring anything.

Jeanne
dit657
on 8/6/08 3:34 am - Boothwyn, PA
Mine decided to come the day after surgery and they actually gave me these weird little disposal panty things and pads to go in them. I had hubby bring extra undies after that - wasn't too concerned with the cath in but still needed the protection.

Timing is everything, isn't it...

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 3:37 am
Rita first off relax...this is not even an issue for them at Barix it happens all the time. Wear a pad then when you get there let them know. They will use padding underneath you during surgery and as soon as you can get up to the potty and get panties on they will let you use a pad again. You are gonna be fine. I woke up with mine after surgery the next day told nurse Debbie she hooked me up!  Matter a fact we laughed because I had gottten a nose bleed so I wa bleeding all over the next day!

Patricia R.
on 8/6/08 3:40 am - Perry, MI
I got mine the morning of my surgery.  I have not used tampons in years, so that did not occur to me.  Just take both with you and ask at pre-op which you can use.  They see it all the time, and it is no biggie to them. 

Relax.  Take a deep breath.  This time tomorrow, you will be on the Loser's Bench.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shannon O.
on 8/6/08 3:42 am - Reading, PA
happened to me...

they just shoved a pad between my legs without the undies... after sugery I think I slept on what is called a chuck pad and then once I was off the pee bag I just went to a normal pad with undies... they even gave me pads... but I only use ones with wings so I didn't use their lol...

DebiMcK23
on 8/6/08 3:58 am - Aston, PA
It happened to me too!  So you aren't as special as you think you are!  LOL
I swear, Dr. Boe's 10 day liquid diet caused me to get my period.  I hadn't had one without the help of medication for 12 years!!!  and from the day of surgery on, I have had one every 28 days like clockwork!
They know exactly how to handle it...  big pads, etc.  I didn't wear a tampon.  It wasn't a big deal to the nurses or anyone else.  I was terrifed they were going to cancel my surgery though, and they said no problem at all!

303/197/153

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views