Who's getting their excersise groove on?? Wednesday Edition

lauraanne715
on 8/5/08 9:24 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning!

Well my schedule is a little off today so first I have errands to run and then I will be doing an hour on the treadmill followed by some strength training this afternoon.  This is the time when my life starts to get hectic again and I need to schedule excersise like an appointment I can not miss!!

So for today on my excersise checklist:  1 hour treadmill
20 mins of strength training

I really hate that I do not have time this morning to do my treadmill but it will give me practice in coming home and doing it after work--cause getting up at 4:30 am does not seem to be in my future!! And that is how early I would need to get up during the school year to excersise...so we will try the whole after school schedule!!

Okay what is on your excersise agenda today?

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 8/5/08 9:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Laura - I can call you at 4:30 in the morning to get you up to exercise when I get up - LOL!! I know myself and I know if I wait til evening I never get it done, so I make myself get out of bed at that ungodly hour and get my butt on the recumbant bike and ride, ride, ride. I stick my earplugs in, crank up the music and go.

This morning I got almost 35 minutes in for a 6.65 mile ride - felt wonderful and the foot cooperated fully. After I showered and got ready for work I took the dog for a walk, too - it was a little humid but not too bad. Finished it off with a protein shake before heading out the door for work.

Tonight I will do my strength training while watching HGTV, and maybe hop on the bike for a little ride if I'm so inclined.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 8/6/08 4:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Kathy--
Ok! I can take you and Laureen up on giving me a 4:30 am wake up--between you two and my husband I should be able to get out of the bed!!  LOL

I know it is so hard to come home and do the workout....I am seriously thinking forcing myself in the a.m. may be the better option!!! You are inspiring me!!

Well I am glad to hear that your foot is doing good!  Take care of it!!

Have a great afternoon!
Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Laureen S.
on 8/5/08 11:06 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Laura,

I can get you up at 4:30 too, as that is when I get up on my workdays ;)  (lol)! 

Well my excersise agenda today is:  10 minute warm-up on the treadmill,  30-40 minute workout, whi*****ludes free weights, working core and legs. then 30 minutes on the ellipitcal and 10 on the treadmill. . .  home, shower, collapse ;)

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lauraanne715
on 8/6/08 4:35 am - Pottstown, PA
Laureen--
I might just have to take you and Kathy up on that offer to wake me up at 4:30 am..LOL!!  Between you two and hubby I should be able to get out of the bed!!LOL No seriously, I am thinking that a.m is the best idea cause right now I have no energy left for a work out!!  You guys are inspiring me to do the early morning work out!!

I  will try to emulate  you "early birds"this week!!

Have a great afternoon!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura

Laureen S.
on 8/6/08 6:00 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hey Laura,

I'm an early bird, but it's because I work in NYC, I bring a clean workout outfit and leave it in my car head straight to the gym after work on Monday's and Wednesday's, Friday's I have a 9:30 standing appt. with my personal trainer and then cardio Sat and/or Sunday.  But whatever works for you, it's about finding a routine and sticking with it, putting yourself first, I know when children and other peoples schedules are involved it's a hard thing to do, but to maximize results, it's necessary, besides if you get a routine in place before the school year begins, you will find it becomes 2nd nature and then if for some reason you can't make it, you actually feel like you're missing something. . .

Anyway, have a great day yourself, hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views