Starting to panic

joldaker
on 8/5/08 11:18 pm - West Bradford, PA
Please know that what you are feeling is normal and I would be worried if you weren't feeling something today, wether it is panic or just nervousness.

I can remember being a bit freaked out also. Just trust in God and you will be fine. No matter what your path in life, have faith.

Jen
lisasmh
on 8/5/08 11:44 pm - Hanover, PA
Thank you all so much.  Now that the sun is shining bright and hearing all of you reminded me why I was doing this.  I tend to be a worrier and it got the best of me.  I feel so much better.  I am packing, and making jello and thinking of next summer when I will be going bike riding for the first time in close to 20 yrs. 
Thank you all so much!!!
Lisa
Pam Hart
on 8/5/08 11:49 pm - Easton, PA
Lisa,

Take a deep breath.  Dennis told me something before my surgery "You made this decision when you were SANE when you KNEW the facts and you KNEW what your past history was with diets"  I say the same to you.  Panic all you want - it's ok too.  I didn't pani****il day of surgery.  Yup - I was the one in the waiting room crying (ok, sobbing to the point I couldn't catch my breath) in the middle of the waiting room with everyone staring at me.

You will get through this - try taking some deep breaths and remember where you are coming from and the "desperation" you felt for so long and how you want to see your daughter grow up and have children of her own.

We're here for you.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Donna_in_PA
on 8/6/08 3:08 am - Lansdale, PA
One of the most satisfying things in the world has come to me recently (being 5 months post-op)... the ability to bend over, to sit on a floor (and be able to get right back up!) and have so much more energy to play with my 18 month old granddaughter.   I just wanted to point that out - the ability to actually move and exercise and become more active, without the accompanying "huffing and puffing".  I have been chastised by those ignorant of the benefits of the surgery.   I have been called crazy by my own adult kids, as well as those family members with "all good intentions.".  Now, after 5 months they see first-hand how much more healthy and active I've become.   I still get the "well you don't know what it's going to do to you 15 years down the road."  This is true... however I could get hit by a truck tomorrow too!

Anyway, all my best wishes go out to you.  Panic is understandable.  I just wanted to provide a view for you "from the other side."  Take care and deep breaths!

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 4:03 am
Lisa,

Nerves are normal at this point but you came this far. I also had lost weight prior to surgery and thought well if I am losing do I need surgery  but a friend pointed out how many times have we lostit on diets before only to gain it back plus.  He was 100% right it was pre surgery jitters. 

You did all the research you have faith in your surgeon you are gonna do fine once  you hit the losers bench. Yet on the flip side I maybe the minority here if you are that unsure do not let us talk you into it if you have doubts. All though I think it is just presurgery jitters.

Sending you good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.

**hugs**
evrblue
on 8/6/08 9:29 am - McConnellsburg, PA
I think it's normal to have "cold feet". Just take a deep breath and think positive thoughts. You will be in my thoughts and prayers~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views