Update on Me

jastypes
on 8/6/08 12:01 am - Croydon, PA
Do they know what is causing the ulcers?  I know that ulcers are a risk of WLS, but I'm not sure why that is.  Again, I'm just curious.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Liz R.
on 8/6/08 12:10 am - Easton, PA
Jill - the surgery makes our stomachs more sensitive, well I had a very sensitive stomach to begin with so it is just very prone to this type of thing. I also lead a very high stress life these days, work, my mom is battling cancer, a grandmother who is fighting heart failure, a grandfather who just had heart bypass surgery, an uncle *****jected a pancreas, hubby is changing jobs, bought a house in January etc....

I am sure that Dr Boe will get me all fixed up this time around!

Liz
jastypes
on 8/6/08 12:14 am - Croydon, PA
Damn, I've been out of touch.  That is an awful lot of stress.  Any one of those things would be a major stressor.  My mom is a cancer survivor, and that battle alone took its toll on her, my sisters and myself.  I hope your mom has as good an outcome as mine did. 

Blessings, Jill

jastypes
on 8/5/08 11:48 pm - Croydon, PA
that would be Nexium I take, not Nexus.  Brain fart.

Blessings, Jill

dit657
on 8/5/08 9:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Liz - so sorry to hear you have to go thru all this, but you're in good hands with Dr Boe and I know he'll do what's best for you and your health. Take care and keep us posted - feel better soon! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/5/08 11:15 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
My thoughts and prayers are with you this morning, looking for your latest update later today.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views