Update on Me

Liz R.
on 8/5/08 6:56 am - Easton, PA
Well I saw Dr Boe - not much he could do right out of the gate - he thinks that it is the ulcers returning. I go tomorrow morning for a CAT scan - tonight I have to drink Barium and another one tomorrow - I am so afraid it is going to make me dump.... After my Dr Boe reads my results he is going to decide if I need an endoscopy, if I do - he wants to do it - fine by me! SO I am home now, resting and eaeting some broth - food hurts. We'll back to the couch for me!

I'll update everyone tomorrow after the test.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/08 6:59 am
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well.
oobiebus
on 8/5/08 7:01 am - pottstown, PA
Liz,I am sending lots of prayers to you!Get some extra rest and please keep us posted,Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

lauraanne715
on 8/5/08 7:39 am - Pottstown, PA
Liz--
You are in my thoughts!!  Take care and take it easy! 

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

ktreavis
on 8/5/08 8:04 am - PA
You are in my thoughts, take care of you. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Patricia R.
on 8/5/08 1:30 pm - Perry, MI
Liz,
I did not have to have a CAT scan for my tummy aches.  After the ultrasound, Dr. Marymor just referred me to the gastroenterologist.  I went back to my old one, and he did the endoscopy. 

Good luck with the CAT scan and the Barium.  Hope you do not dump.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Melanie B.
on 8/5/08 8:39 pm - Doylestown, PA
yuck. Sorry to hear thinks are sucky with your tummy Liz. I hope it clears itself up ASAP.

Liz R.
on 8/5/08 8:47 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone. I feel pretty crummy this morning after all of that barium. I did get it down and didn't dump (just gagged) but it isn't sitting well.

Dr Boe didn't ask for an ultrasound. This is my 2nd go around with this battle. Last time I was on the carafate for 8 weeks - it was awful and i don't know that it helped, I think that my body healed itself. So he said rather then run to the meds this time he wants to investigate further. I am glad that he wants to do the endoscopy - who  better right? At least I know he won't hurt my pouchie. Oh and he said that he will be able to get me in a lot sooner then anyone else would.

WEll I am off to the CAT scan - I'll update more later.
THank You so much for all of the well wishes - it means the world to me!!!

Liz
jastypes
on 8/5/08 11:45 pm - Croydon, PA
Hey, Liz.  Nice to see you, but sorry to hear you're having tummy troubles.  I'm just curious about something.  Do you take anything for ulcers/gastric reflux on a regular basis?  I know I never gave up my Nexus, 'cause when I miss it for a couple of days, I'm in pain.  And I think Dr. P had others on a different anti-ulcer med, but I can't remember the name of it.  So, I was just curious if you were taking anything like that on a regular basis.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Liz R.
on 8/5/08 11:52 pm - Easton, PA
Jill - thanks. I was on omeprazole every day but it didn't seem to help... this is my 2nd bought with ulcers.

Thanks!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views