6 Months Post op

meg720
on 8/4/08 10:18 pm - butler , PA

Hi everyone it has been a busy summer. I haven't been on the board in a while. I am doing great. I cannot believe that it has been a little over 6 months already. All I can say is wow, how different my life has become and I am loving every minute of it.
Stats: Pre op 250
surgery day 247
Today 145 I have lost a total of 105 lbs in 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went from a size 18/20 or 22/24 to a 6 or 8 AMAZING. I don't recognize myself I look in the mirror and I am like who is that shinny person,lol.All of my bloodwork came back great diabetes is gone, blood pressure is text book perfect and cholesteral levels are normal. All of the vitamin and mineral levels are good as well which I was pretty nervous about.
I never would have thought it would have been possible. And because I am at surgeons goal and maintaing I got the ok to try for baby #3 woohoo. So send some baby dust our way.
I still get a alot of negativity from my family, they see me at the pool and last year it was" wow she is so heavy" and this year it is" wow she is too skinny, and unhealthy looking" No pleasing some people. I tell them that I have never felt more healthy in my life and I would'nt change a thing. They still think that this was easy, proves my point that ignorance is bliss,lol.
My best summer goal is coming up, I can take my daughter on the rides at the local fair, this year I will fit and this my friends makes all of the foamies and barfing and tiredness well worth it. Enjoy what  is left of summer everyone, I know I will on the the tilt a whirl
Megan

RNY January 24,2008

bubble273
on 8/4/08 10:27 pm - Levittown, PA
Megan,

That is sooooooooooo fantastic.  WAY TO GO!!!  Good luck with getting pregnant.  You should have no problem.  Fertility becomes our friend or foe, depending on who you talk to, when you've lost so much weight.  So extra vibes are coming your way as you're trying for baby # 3.

Take caren and congratulations again!!!1

Karen

dit657
on 8/4/08 10:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
WOW! Your stats are amazing and you've done wonderfully!!! Congratulations on reaching your goal in such a short amount of time! Best of luck in the baby-making department, too - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 8/4/08 11:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Meg,

Woo Hoo to you on your achievements over the last 6 months, I wish you continued "successing" in all that you undertake, most especially baby #3, just think of all that you will be able to do with all your children now that you are "skinny"!  It's wonderful what this tool affords us, living life healthy and free of the restrictions that our weight once put on us.

Hugs, and good wishes coming at you, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

J. M.
on 8/4/08 11:49 pm
Wow Megan! Sounds like things are going so great for you! That's awesome!!!!!

and baby #3! How exciting!!!!!  My fingers are crossed for you!

Congratulations and keep up the great work

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 8/5/08 12:30 am - Easton, PA
Megan,

What a wild 6 mos you have had!! Keep up the fabulous work - because you are obviously doing something right!!  I know about the no pleasing some family members - that's when you just have to stick to your guns and say that you ARE healthy and you FEEL great and all your labs etc are normal!!

Enjoy the fair!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Gail M.
on 8/5/08 11:41 am - Scranton, PA
Megan,
   You sound terrific and your stats show it.  Best of luck on the baby making and sure have some fun trying!!!
Gail    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views