***Tuesday Roll Call***

bubble273
on 8/4/08 10:22 pm - Levittown, PA
Good morning everyone.

Today has me taking Connor over to his school library to get some books out for him for his summer reading requirement.  This is the first time he's been able to go over to the school, which they open for the kids on Tuesdays from 9:00 to 12:00, because he's been in camp.  So he's excited to go to his library and not the public library.

After that it's time to hit the road for a job in Glenolden.  They must not have had anybody else to go, because it's like 50 minutes from my house.  But you gotta take the good with the bad. 

Then it's home to cook dinner and to do some transcribing.  I took a few days off from my work computer, but now it's time to get some pages done.  The one job I have to do from last week is 300 pages.  So that will take me a couple of days to get done.

Well, have a good one!!!

Karen

lauraanne715
on 8/4/08 10:41 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning everyone!!

I am so sorry to hear that everyone seems to be having issues with sleep and illness...I am sending good thoughts to everyone and Big (((HUGS)))!!

As for me and my day...I was supposed to head into to school today to start setting up my room but no one is there yet so I will wait and see. Other than that I am cleaning out our upstairs storage closet (its more like the junk drawer of the house!! LOL) and getting some laundry done.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

jastypes
on 8/4/08 11:45 pm - Croydon, PA
Sounds like you had quite a day yesterday!  My life is much more sedate and happy and well, just, comfortable and contented.  ::: sigh :::

Tuesdays are good days for me.  Working 'til 5, then home where my BF will have made a delicious dinner.  Then we sit outside, have a drink, and talk about ourselves, our dreams, our fears, and our hopes for the future.  We get to sleep in the same bed (he works nights and is only home 2 nights out of the week). 

I love Tuesdays.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Pam Hart
on 8/5/08 3:19 am - Easton, PA
HIJACK

Jill - love the new avatar!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 8/5/08 12:01 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA Posters!

Wow, sounds like you had a humdinger of a day yesterday!  As Pam said, please be sure to take care of you, as being a caretaker in the health fields can take it's toll!  By the way, the pics of your Munchkin are adorable!

I am happy to say that I sleep very well these days and hope it stays that way, I remember several years back having insomnia for months, it was awful, after I had my hysterectomy, things got a lot better and now, between the fact that I ordinarily only get 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep a night, I seem to have no problem, other than the 85 lb. dog that shares my bed (lol). . .

Anyway, today is a simple day, things are quieter than usual here at work, but August is that way and if things are going to pick up, they begin after the first week of September, so I guess you guys will be seeing more of me during the work week ;)  After work I will attend my AA meeting and then it's home to spend time with my bedhog dog, who is happy to see me when I am at home, especially these days as I have the lampshade collar on him the last 2 weeks to keep him from licking a hotspot that he made raw, it's healing nicely now and hopefully by end of next week it can come off, I take it off when I am at home with him, but if I so much as go to the bathroom I have to put it on him, as he will lick it the first chance he gets, just like a 2 year old. . .

Well that's it folks, have a great day!  I'll be looking to hear what is going on with Liz and am sending our prayers and positive thoughts to all in need!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

BlancheJackson
on 8/5/08 1:17 am - Butler, PA
Hey.. morning all!   I"m a little bummed today as I seem to have gained about .8 of a pound... I know it's dumb, but I've been doing so well...  grr...  I know next time I weigh myself, it will be gone.

It's a rainy day here... maybe I'm just a bit down because of it! LOL

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Melanie B.
on 8/5/08 1:28 am - Doylestown, PA
Well for starters as of this morning i have 101.8 hours on my CPAP ....only 98.2 more to go (just yell when you are all sick of hearing my whine about the CPAP drama)

I am also stressing a wee bit about my PATs on Thursday. I think I may be up a 1lb since my initial consult with Dr. M and for some reason I think he said if I gain "so much as ONE ounce" he will not do my surgery laprosopically. But for the life of me I dont recall if that was day of surgery or day of PATs. So I plan to take the stairs at work today and tomorrow (I work on the 3rd floor) and drink lots of water and TRY and not eat junk.

For the past 2 nights I have stolen one of my Husbands XANAX tabs and am sleeping better than I have in years and am able to wear the CPAP.....so today I want to call my PCP and see if he'll write me an RX for a 30 day supply to help me sleep and clam my nerves. The only downside is I do sort of feel like a zombie during the day.

Jackie Smith
on 8/5/08 7:00 am - Coatesville, PA
Good Evening PA Posters,
I can't beleive how early you all are up in the morning!!  I get up at about 7 and leave for work at 8am.  I can not get on the computer at work to post and check e-mails because we only have one that is on line.  Only 3 women in the office have a password to use it.  I can't wait until the District Courts get new computers. 
Today went well at work.  I made an appointment with a Psycholigist.  I will meet her tomorrow at lunch.  I am hoping she can help me through all of the emotional junk that will come to the surface after surgery. 
95 hours on my CPAP!  I have 8 more nights to get as close to 85 hours as possible in.
Off to cook dinner.

Jackie

Consult: 11/14/07

Pulmonary Clearance: 12/12/07

Psych Eval: 1/2/08

Sleep Study: 1/9/08

2nd Sleep Study: 1/11/08

Stress Test: 1/31/08

Echo of Heart: 2/19/08

Insurance Approval: 7/11/08

PAT's: 8/13/08

Surgery Date: 8/27/08