Taken from the main board - Hair loss shampoo!!!

bubble273
on 8/4/08 1:38 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

I rarely check the main board, but on this occasion I did and I'm glad I did.  I saw this post about hair loss and a shampoo, so I've pasted it from the main board.  I think I will try it out, especially since you can get it at Walgreen's.  I don't think that the Nioxin is working as well as I thought it was, so this might be a good change for my hair.  Gook luck if anyone tries it.

I'm so in love!!
Samy Salon Systems Fat Hair "0" Calories Thickening Foam Masque

HSN Price: $12.95

This stuff REALLY works!!
My hair is growing back but it is still thin and I got this stuff and tried it and OMG I look like I have my nice thick old hair back.
Ironic part is it's called Fat Hair--Who would have known I'm now skinny and begging for Fat--Fat Hair--LOL

I found it originally at  Walgreens then online on HSN..pricing is about the same but I like that buy now take it home rather than wait on shipping.

** The stuff isn't cheap but OMG it is SO SO SO worth the price!! However it's a freaking lot cheaper than the other s&it I was told to try that didn't work worth squat.

But seriously this stuff is freaking better than sliced bread!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/08 2:17 am
Karen

I will give this a try the hair loss is starting I am just a little out 3 months and was checking out a few shampoos and unsure what to buy. Samy is also sold at Target so Iwill check it out at lunch.
Thanks again.
dit657
on 8/4/08 2:24 am - Boothwyn, PA
Looks like its worth a shot - I lost a lot of hair and I think its finally stopping and starting to come back in (I have little 'sprouts' all over my head!) but it does seem very thin, especially around my face and all. And of course the stuff that is growing in is GREY! But I'll check it out- thanks for sharing! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
BlancheJackson
on 8/4/08 3:09 am - Butler, PA
Hey guys.. something that works MUCH better than the shampoos (the leave lots of deposits on your hair..make it look thicker)...   I take the Vitamin B supplement Biotin.  I take 5gm a day, but that is a very high dose (it's water soluble, so you can take as much as you like) 
After surger, I had lost more than half my hair... started taking Biotin and my hair returned to normal... it took some time, as the hair has to regrow.. but I have a full head of hair now.. and it's stronger because of the vitamin, too!!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Donna_in_PA
on 8/4/08 4:29 am - Lansdale, PA
I will definitely check out the shampoo... thanks.  I have thin hair to begin with (and keep it short).  I noticed my hair falling out at about 4 mos out and now at about 6 mos I can see my scalp clearly when I get out of the shower.  Every time I clear the hair out from the drain I choke back a sob.  It is very scary.

I too have been taking a very large dose of Biotin daily since about 6 weeks out of surgery.  So far it's doing nothing to keep the hair in... but hopefully it will kick in soon and start replenishing my hair.  I know everyone's different but when does it stop?  I eat at least 80 grams of protein (sometimes as much as 110 grams) per day. 

I wonder if anyone's tried Rogaine for women and if they had any success. 

Donna

Pam Hart
on 8/4/08 3:35 pm - Easton, PA
This is gonna sound scary to you - but most find that it stops somewhere between 6 and 8 months.  For me, it was just about 7 mos I believe.  Actually - at that time I also got my hair cut shorter than it was (it was just below my shoulders and I got it cut to right above my shoulders - a good 3 inches and in some spots more as I had layers put in too) at that seemed to help almost immediately.  I know you keep your hair short already - so that probably isn't an option for you.

I had tried the biotin since 4 weeks out of surgery till about 5 mos out of surgery - and it wasn't doing anything so I stopped.  I didn't try the shampoos and what not - but basically because I have curly hair (I know - my avatar doesn't prove that, lol) and that "hid" a lot of what was going on with my hair.
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 8/4/08 6:25 am - Reading, PA
The only problem with Biotin is that it makes alll of your hair grow... aka every where.. a lot of people that I know that had WLS and took have so much hair on their chin that plucking isn't an option anymore... where before surgery and taking the biotin they didn't have any issues... so just be careful with that stuff hehehe...

Nicole0216
on 8/4/08 4:22 am - Lancaster, PA
I saw this. I am gonna try it. My hair is so thin.
I take biotin and fish oil but no luck
Shannon O.
on 8/4/08 6:26 am - Reading, PA
when I have money again I am going to look for that... but we don't have wal-greens in my area... but they have a whole fat hair collection... I wonder how the shampoo is...

Donna_in_PA
on 8/4/08 10:05 pm - Lansdale, PA
Maybe I could just comb the chin hairs (and ear hair and nose hair and the long eyebrows) up to my head and do a sort of "combover".... hehehe

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views