Not much Support from BF (Long)

Marlo71
on 8/4/08 11:13 pm - Harrisburg, PA
THANK YOU SO MUCH Everyone!  You all have such great advice!  I take every word of it and use it and it helps me!  I just wouldnt know what to do or say to him, this is all so new to me, so Thank you guys!   It definately is a battle, because one day he is one way and then next he changes his attitude.  I've talked to him about creating foods that were geared towards WLS people and we even talked/dreamed about opening a restaurant aimed towards people who have had WLS.  So, sometimes he is on board sometimes not.  But I have to concentrate on me and I am trying to understand his fears and problems with me losing weight....BUT I cant let him hold me back!  And on that note I start my exercise routine tonight and was so proud of myself...I had water instead of my Diet Pepsi with dinner last night!   One day down.....LOL 
Thanks again everyone!

-Marlo 

Dennis Belk
on 8/5/08 2:00 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Marlo,
Our group here wants you to go forward without controversy but that is about impossible unless everyone of your family, friends, co-workers, and lover understands every point of your decision. That is seldom the case. This experience is totally about you and your needs, wants, and desires. This experience will test the love you have for your BF, as well as the love he has for you. It will also identify the relationship you two have built and how stable it is. Do you love him? As in would you do anything for him? Does he love you? Would he do anything for you? If that is what you have then support from him will come. If you don't have this level of love I can't say what is ahead. 

You do need to be selfish now, very selfish. So selfish that if he really loves you he will go along with it all and want to know what he can do to help you. He will put his own needs and issues aside for you. Ask yourself how many times have you done this for him. It's your turn now.

This is your time and there's no turning back.

All the best to you,

Dennis 

sbrunell
on 8/5/08 3:35 am - Bensalem, PA
Just one more note:

From what I've heard, as the weight drops the sex drive goes up. Maybe he can be selfish in that way, and be happy about it!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/08 6:06 am
On that side effect I have heard it go both ways up for some and down for others ~~
sbrunell
on 8/5/08 6:20 am - Bensalem, PA
Thanks Beth...!
When we met, it would have been great if you told me that BEFORE my wife had the surgery.

I was hoping it would help break down the barriers more!

Oh well. My ship has sailed.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

jackie j
on 8/5/08 6:45 am - Glenmoore, PA

Remember what the great Dr. Oz says, "Every 30lbs is another inch!"   

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/08 6:47 am, edited 8/5/08 6:48 am
HAHAHA Your welcome ....
What could I have said "Hi Steve nice to meet you I'm Beth and want to go at it 24/7 since surgery!"

Keyword varies I can say that I am on a total upswing it has been insane since surgery. For the love of bananas I'd take a week of a down swing.

Maybe that can give you hope Steve!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views