I rode my first rollar coaster in 17 years!!!!

bubble273
on 8/3/08 10:52 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Everyone,

This is the most exciting wow probably for me by far.  I went yesterday to my husband's union picnic held at Clementon Park in New Jersey.  Well, every time I've gone before it was horrible.  It was always so hot and I couldn't go on any rides because I wouldn't fit.  And I even hated the water park because I was too embarassed to wear my bathing suit.

Well, gues what???  I went on rides and fit perfectly.  And I rode my first roller coaster and was scared to death.  It was called Hell Cat and it was pure hell :)  Meaning, I should have choosen something calmer to go on as my first ride :)  But I fit in the seat and the bar came down and the seat belt had a ton of extra room in it.  It was the greatest feeling in the world.  And I'll tell you what...there would have been no way 183 pounds ago that I would have EVER, EVER fit in that seat.  I was just ecstatic.

Then it was off to the water park.  I had a little bit of an issue flopping my arms and legs around, but I got over it and I enjoyed myself.  I couldn't go on any slides or really get in the water past my hips because of the biliary tube.  But it didn't matter, because I sat on the edge swinging my feet in the water, catching some sun.  And it was the BEST feeling in the world!!!!

I love this surgery...I love Barix....I love all of you....and I love life right now!!!!

Karen

ktreavis
on 8/3/08 11:06 pm - PA
I am so glad you had a good time. Hope these moments continue for you. I am having them myself and it is wonderful. Hope you have a great day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

lauraanne715
on 8/3/08 11:14 pm - Pottstown, PA
Wow!  That is awesome for you!! 

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Ready4 AChange
on 8/3/08 11:16 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Congratulations  I remember going to Clemeton when I was younger.  Have they built it up ? No water park then. They used to have "Pepsi" days and I think the tickets were like 10 cents ( remember this was Looooooong time ago )
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Laureen S.
on 8/3/08 11:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Karen,

I'm sooooooo happy for you and you've earned the right to such happiness, you've worked your butt off to get where you are.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 8/3/08 11:37 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Fantastic WOW moment!! I know you had to be thrilled!! I can't wait til I can get on rides again and not be embarrassed because the lap bars won't fit. That had to be an incredible feeling! Glad you had such a great time.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 8/3/08 11:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Karen,
Reading your post made me smile - you sounded so joyful! Thanks for sharing such a great wow moment - and may they just keep coming. Tammy 
Pam Hart
on 8/3/08 11:56 pm - Easton, PA
Karen,

What a fabulous post!!  So glad you had such a phenomenal time!!  Brought a smile to my face!!
Keep up the great work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 8/4/08 12:15 am
Karen that is so awesome! Thank you for sharing that WOW~I bet the feeling had to be the best. That is a goal for next summer a weekend at Hershey to ride the rollar coaster that I couldn't ten years ago.

Enjoy these moments!
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/4/08 12:48 am - PA
Karen - What an awesome wow moment! I am so happy for you :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views