Where's The Beef??

dit657
on 8/3/08 10:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA
In my tummy, that's where!! I know this seems like a silly post, but for the first time since my surgery I was finally able to eat a real beef product (filet mignon!) last night for dinner. I had about 1/2 of a small one - it was so moist and tender and it went down great!! My beef products have been strictly limited to fresh ground beef - I just couldn't tolerate things like beef cubes or steak up til now, so I was a happy camper!

I decided to get a little creative for dinner last night so along with the steaks I made a huge pan of sliced peppers, onions, new potatoes, zucchini and squash - drizzled a little olive oil over it, and added salt, pepper, oregano, and some italian seasoning - tossed it all together, covered it with foil and put the pan on the grill - oh man, it smelled so good and tasted even better! Went perfectly with the filets (which I got at Costco and were out of this world).

So that was my big wow moment for the weekend!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 8/3/08 10:40 pm - Levittown, PA
Kathy,

That's not a silly post at all, especially when you've enjoyed something before and then to have no been able to have it.  That's great!!!  It's actually like eating it for the first time again :)  And it sounded sooooooo yummy.  Glad it went down nice and easy for you!!

Karen

Liz R.
on 8/3/08 10:40 pm - Easton, PA
woohoo! Now see beef was the 1 meat I was always able to eat! Chicken still gives me a hard time if it the SLIGHTEST bit dry, so I usually make it marinated or in a gravy/sauce of some sort.

That sounds like an awesome dinner! I made a very similar veggie last night, except I used mushrooms not peppers. Oh and well garlic - those that know me well know I use garlic like a veggie - not a seasoning! lol

Congrats on the beef!

Liz
tammypa
on 8/3/08 11:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy,
You made my mouth water! That meal sounds incredible. I still haven't been able to eat beef. I am an all chicken girl right now. Tammy 
Pam Hart
on 8/3/08 11:58 pm - Easton, PA
Hubby and I love filet - and we get ours from costco too.  In fact, we had some last week - and they were fabulous.  Glad you had such an awesome dinner - it's always nice, isn't?

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 8/4/08 12:31 am - PA
Kathy - Your dinner sounded absolutely yummy! Glad the filet agreed with you...Now you can have it more often :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Nicole0216
on 8/4/08 4:28 am - Lancaster, PA
It sounds lovely. It is not silly at all. Part of this process is beginning to feel normal again and eat normal things so we dont feel so deprived or different. That sounds like such a healthy meal and I am glad you were able to enjoy it and keep it down. It is ok for us to enjoy food.
evrblue
on 8/4/08 1:27 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
MMMM, sounds good. Can I come to your house for left overs? j/k

Congrats on being able to have steak, and the good stuff too! The veggies sound wonderful!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views