feeling uncomfortable again....

Liz R.
on 8/4/08 12:09 am - Easton, PA
Food is staying down today, just making me feel uncomfortable... I guess I will call Dr Boe and see if I can get in for tomorrow. It is more like pressure then anything, it is hard to describe. It almost feels like a PMS cramp in my stomach or my intestine. It occurs in about 2 or 3 different places, my pouchie, just below it, then in a spot kind of on the lower left of my abdomen (kind of like the same place as my appendix was, just the opposite side).

I did call a gastroenterologist and they can't see me until Sept so I think that this shouldn't wait that long - or do you think that is OK?

For some reason this really has me knocked for a loop! I am all emotional over it and everything. What a day...

Am I over-reacting??

Liz
Pam Hart
on 8/4/08 12:12 am - Easton, PA
Yes I think September is TO LONG to wait.  NO I don't think you are over reacting.  I say this because I was the blubbering idiot in the hospital a few weeks ago who was all crying over something that resolved itself anywho.  You need to call Barix and talk to Dr. Boe and see what they can do.  We tend to get emotional about this stuff - just the way us women are sometimes I think.  And it's scary not to know....

Feel better!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 8/4/08 12:17 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Pam - I'll call Dr Boe now.

I know - why is that?! PMS was LAST week! lol I had attributed the issues to that, and the diarreah etc now that it is gone I will call since the problems have continued...

Liz
Liz R.
on 8/4/08 12:21 am - Easton, PA
alright, called Barix and left a message. Alsmost feel silly for doing it - but I know this needs attention just as much as anything else....

Liz
Laureen S.
on 8/4/08 12:21 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

I think you most definitely should call Dr. Boe and much better to be proven wrong, then to pu**** off and then find out it is something serious later.  Let's hope it turns out to be nothing, but take the steps to find out!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 8/4/08 12:23 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Laureen! I called and left a message for Dr Boe or the nurse to see what they say - I guess they'll call back soon - I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the help!

Liz
dit657
on 8/4/08 12:27 am - Boothwyn, PA
Liz, nobody knows your body better than you, and if you're not feeling right with it then calling Dr Boe and Barix was definitely the right thing to do. Hopefully it will be nothing, but you can't sit around waiting for September to come to see another doctor when it might become worse in that time. Glad you called and I'm sure someone will be calling you back soon. And it is emotional - our bodies are so different now that it could be anything, or it could be nothing, but we're not doctors so how would we know? Feel better soon and keep us posted.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views