***Monday Roll Call***

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/08 10:07 pm
Morning. 

I am working today and then off to see a co-worker that just had a baby.  We have one more to pop (5 pregnancies all at the same time), so after that one, I hope we are free of pregnant women around here for a while....it will be nice to hear conversations around the office that DO NOT have to do with pregnancy and birthing and showers and leaky breasts and blah blah blah LOL  Later in the evening, I will probably mow the grass.  Think I will skip the weed wacking this week.  It normally doesnt need to be done every week.

Have a good one.

HG
bubble273
on 8/3/08 10:35 pm - Levittown, PA

Good Monday morning to everyone.

Today I am recovering from my long day yesterday at Clementon Park.  I had a blast and will post about it in a little bit.  I am sore, to say the least ;)

Today Connor is home and I have no place to send him :)  He's usually at camp, but camp is over.  So he'll hang with my dad for a few hours.  I have a job at 1:00 in Germantown, basically a minute from where I grew up.  So I may stop by the old neighborhood to say hello after my job.  After that, I'll be home to get dinner started.

Have a great Monday, everyone!!!

Karen

lauraanne715
on 8/3/08 10:43 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning Everyone!! Welcome to the board Jackie!!

Well today is my last official day off before I head back into my classroom to begin setting up for the new year! Sigh...but I am also excited I have so many things planned to do this year with the students and try new approaches to teaching them!  I am so happy to go back to school--even when I was little I loved school!! It is the best profession in the world to me! Never boring always fun.  Plus the little ones still think I am the coolest thing!! LOL

So today I will be gathering up stuff to take with me tomorrow as I go in to the classroom--trash bags, windex, paper towels, all my plans I already wrote up!!  Other than that just relaxing at home and doing some reading!!

Hope everyone has a terrific Monday!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 10:56 pm - Perry, MI
Laura,
I dread school, especially this year.  We are having contract negotiations, and that is always stressful.  I will be getting my classroom ready at the end of August, I want to enjoy every last part of this summer that I can.

I have to go to Beckers and get some stuff for my room.  Do you shop there?  As for lesson plans, the school district pretty much dictates what we teach, when we teach, with little leeway for creativity anymore.

Enjoy your time in your room tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lauraanne715
on 8/3/08 11:10 pm - Pottstown, PA

Trish--

I am sorry to hear that the school district is such a pain in the arse!! My brother worked for Philadelphia and then he went to the suburban district but it was always the politics and the behind the scene machinations that bothered me whenever he told me about working for the district.  That is one of the reasons I choose to teach in a private school-more discipline, more academic freedom, and of course we can freely talk about our religion. 

I LOVE Beckers!!  My hubby is always like "Try to stay under $100!"  HAHA!  I could go crazy in there but I try to contain myself for the most part! I like to go in early and get the room set up and then be done so I am not frantic right before school--I constantly tweak my room before the first day but as long as all the big stuff is done I am good.

Well I hope everything works out with the contract and that you have a good year!!  Take it easy for the rest of the summer and relax!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Melanie B.
on 8/3/08 11:18 pm - Doylestown, PA
Greetings everyone!

Today i am back at work recovering from a miserable weekend with my insane mother. She's a certified whack-job and to make matters worse she's supposed to be the one who will care for my children for 2 weeks (a week pre-op and a week post-op) however based on her behavior this weeked, I will be pulling the plug on that one. I wish I could have sympathy for the woman, but i have none. She's just simply miserable and beyond help. i wont go off on a complete rant of all of her maladjustments - but lets put it this way, i wouldn't shed a tear if i never saw her again.

Anywho, I'm just plugging along. Still fighting with my CPAP, but it IS getting a little better. I have 98 hours as of this morning. My PATs are this Thursday at Barix ans that's mildly exciting. But other than that, I am still not nervous about my SX which is now 3 weeks away.

I overate last night at dinner, which was weird since a big part of my problem is NEVER feeling full. And it was really uncomfortable and i thought, wow, I wonder if this will be the sensation I get after SX from eating more than I should. Of course i recovered quickly and then ate a good humor toasted almond bar

i hope everyone has a great day.

Laureen S.
on 8/4/08 12:17 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA posters!

Well I had a wonderful weekend, with so many wow moments, it is still amazing to me when I see people I haven't seen a while and their reactions, I think I might miss some of this when I am finally at a place where I just blend in (lol). . . 

Thr, I saw one of my dear old gal pals and that was nice, she was very impressed with my weight loss and said I look 20 years younger (lol), I heard that a lot this weekend. . . 

Friday was a day to get done the many things I needed to do, as well as get some sun time in.

Saturday I did household things and by the time I got to the pool, the clouds had come, which sent me home, where I just kind of hung out with Mr. Dil (my sweet 4-legged son) and watched television until it was time to go to the women's AA meeting I attend regularly on Saturday nights, after which we all went to Friendly's. 

Yesterday, I was up at 7 a.m. went and met a g/f at the gym where I spent 50 minutes doing cardio, 35 minutes of which were on the ellipitcal, back home where I dressed, packed my food for the work week, clothing for Monday and headed to the train station where I took the trains to NYC to my cousin's house, from where we drove to the 80th surprise birthday party my brother and his wife threw for his MIL and it was soooo cool, she thought she was going to my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding party, so she walked into the room and when she realized it was mostly her family there, she was flabbergasted.  It was a great party and this was where the majority of my Wow moments took place. 

As people arrived (my cousin and I were the first ones there), I would greet them with a hello and you could tell that they were very unsure of who I was and then the recognition would dawn on them and they would be, "Oh my!  I knew your face looked familiar, but I didn't realize it was you! "  My SIL's neighbor, when they realized who I was, were like, you've lost half a person, you look absolutely amazing, 20 years younger. . .  so the party was great and the person of honor was not the only one to have a spledid day!  and then the bonus was I slept at my cousin's house, so I started my work week with an extra hour and a half of sleep ;)  Tonight I go to the gym and that's it!

Hope you all have a wonderful day and if you are having a struggle of some kind, may the grace of God get you through it!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Shannon O.
on 8/4/08 12:58 am - Reading, PA
Well today I am going to try to get my last paycheck from the insurance guy... go to the store and get milk and things to make chicken tenders for Lorelei for dinner and I am hoping to work some more on getting my office/craft room in order... I might go to the gym tonight... trying to let my hip rest some more from the yoga/pilates class I took Friday morning...

I am also hoping to hear from Gold's gym soon about the job... so keep praying and fingers crossed for me hehehe...

Nicole0216
on 8/4/08 4:33 am - Lancaster, PA
I had an appt with a client at 11am, then went to the gym.

Today is my day off since i work friday and sundays. I am getting some things done around the house but trying to relax as well.

Not too much going on which is just like I like it
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views