Could it just be "Prissy Pouch"???

Gail M.
on 8/3/08 7:59 am - Scranton, PA
  Ok...this is the deal.  All weekend I've been sick after I eat anything.  Needing to vomit to expel the contents.  Sharp pain under right breastbone area...aka GB area.  I really thought GB issues.
   Well, I just had dinner....delicuous roast beef that I cooked in the crock pot and some 3 bean salad.  Ok, nothing that should really bother the pouchie.  Well I feel sick again.  Could it be what Pam calls "Prissy Pouch"?  I'm not a happy camper.  As soon as this passes it will be back up to bedroom to finish the painting.
   I'm thinking just clear liquids tommorrow!!!

ktreavis
on 8/3/08 8:52 am - PA
Gail -

Dr. P always tells me to go back to clear liquids for 24 hours fter I vomit, it really does seem to help. But the pain you are describing may be something different. Maybe you should call the doc tomorrow. Glad to see you posting. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 8:56 am - Perry, MI
It could be a "stomach" virus, or something else.  I would try the clear liquids, and see if you still feel bad tomorrow.  If you do, then call Dr. P. 

I had a problem with my pouch, and was doubled over in pain one time.  Dr. Marymor gave me a thorough checking out before referring me to a gastrointestinal doc who found an ulcer.

Good luck.  I hope you feel better.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 8/3/08 9:51 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Gail - If you're getting sick a lot I doubt it would be Prissy Pouch - sounds like something a little more serious and you should probably call Dr P and ask her about it - I wouldn't wait too long because you're not getting much nutrition and may be in danger of dehydration.

Hope you're feeling better today - keep us posted.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 8/4/08 12:09 am - Easton, PA
My prissy pouch has never caused me to vomit - although I have dry heaved from it for what seems like forever (I have yet to vomit anything up since surgery, actually.  All just foamy like stuff)  It seems to be a bit to frequent for that though - and you're right - it could be gallbladder issues as well.  I definately say stick with liquids and see how you do - and also call dr. p anyway - she would want to know!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BlancheJackson
on 8/4/08 4:15 am - Butler, PA
another thought... possibly stoma issues?  Maybe you can't keep the food down because it isn't going down! 
Just to be safe, give your dr. a call!

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views