Back from vacation... and other good stuff!

Mary Benford
on 8/3/08 6:39 am - Emmaus, PA
Hi everyone!!!     We missed you all!

Vacation...   to sum it all up...   it was AMAZING!   Norm and I, and my entire family had such a great time down the shore.   Lots of beach/ocean/tanning time...   lots of boardwalk/ride fun!   It was just overall a great great GREAT vacation.  

I did something I never ever thought I would ever be able to do.   I rode this thing called the sky coaster.    The only way I can figure to describe it..   is they strap you and a partner into a harness...  then hook you up to a bungee cord, and have you lay flat looking down.  (Kind of like superman like position)    Then, the bungee cord pulls you back, and up ridiculously high so you're about 4 stories off the ground, staring down at the boardwalk, and all the people looking up at you.   The people running the ride count down from 3....2.....1 and you pull a rip cord to release yourself.   Then you swing back and forth over the ocean, and boardwalk...   ugh.   I felt totally and 100% weightless.    It was horrifying, and breathtaking all at the same time.   I have the video and pictures I'll put up soon after this post.  I also uploaded a few new pictures from vaca...  so check em out!!!

(EDIT)   Here's the link to the video...  just copy and paste into your browser :)     Enjoy!   http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/hellspassion/?action= view¤t=M2U01464.flv

M2U01464.flv video by hellspassion

Other good news...   while we were ont he beach one day,my mom's phone rang.   My mom had written to a long time friend of hers who just so happenst o be a plastic surgeon.  She explained my story... and how my insurance won'tcover any of my plastics...  and basically asking him to help me before the wedding.  Well..  to my amazement, I have anapointment onSeptember 5th withDr. Skalicky....    We're not sure how all this is going to pan out..   but we're keeping our fingers crossed.  I really need my arms,and chest done.   Oh lordy would it be amazing not to haveto wear a dress with sleeves!!!    and boobs to hold it up! woot woot!!!

Also, on the samed ay september 5th, I have my follow up appointment with Dr.Marymor.   I haven't seen him since about 6 months out I believe?   Somewherea round there.  I'm really looking forward to being able to tell him how much he's helped mec hange my life!!!

Norm and I arealso potentially going to be in a magazine for how much weight we've lost, and telling our story...    :)   Life's really great right now!!!

Ps- for as worried as I was about gaining weight at the shore onvacation...   I lost 9 lbs!!!

Oh...   and this coming weekend our photographer is taking our engagement pictures!  I can't wait!

Hopefully everyone is doing just as well!    Talk to you guys soon!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Gail M.
on 8/3/08 8:06 am - Scranton, PA
  Oh Mary, I'm so happy for both you and Norm.  I hope the appt works out for you.  What shore did you go to?  I'm thinking that's where I'm going to take my girls next year.  We went to a lot of places for vacation but never to the shore.  Can you believe that?  I was thinking Rehoboth because it doesn't seem as built up as OC, MD.  It seems like everyone from Dunmore goes to OC so I'd like to try a more relaxing type of shore vacation.  If we do go, I will definetly not go bungee jumping.  I lost that type of nerve years ago but it does sound like fun!
Gail

Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 8:52 am - Perry, MI
Gail,
I was just at Rehoboth last weekend, for the first time.  Charming area the Delaware beaches are.  Not as commercial as others I have been to, but I have never been to OC, MD.  I would go back to Delaware in a heartbeat.

Enjoy.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 8:53 am - Perry, MI

Mary,
I am so glad you had a good time at the shore.  Congrats on your upcoming marriage and your consult with the plastic surgeon.  That is awesome.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jovigirl
on 8/3/08 9:19 am - washington, NJ
MAry,what wonderful things are happening for you.Enjoy every single second you have earned them 10 times over.Im gonna go watch your video now

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

ronni5468
on 8/3/08 9:27 am - West Middlesex , PA
Mary

What a great post. I have tears. You just sound soooo excited. I'm soooo happy for you.

Ronni

cleos_mom
on 8/3/08 11:14 am - phila., PA
Hope all goes well with you  Mary at the PS.
that sky ride was scary I dont know how you did it

donn't forget to post those engagement pix
Susan
bubble273
on 8/3/08 11:38 am - Levittown, PA
OMG Mary!!!!  9 more pounds???  What are you in like the 140s now???  I just can't get over it.  What a journey you have had.  I'm so glad you had a great vacation and you went on the sky coaster.  Garry and I walked right past it when we were there and I was like there's no way that I would ever do that.  But you never know :)

Congrats on everything!!

Karen

bubble273
on 8/3/08 11:40 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, and I love the video!!!  Way to go :)

Karen

Liz R.
on 8/3/08 8:39 pm - Easton, PA
Mary WElcome back and congrats on well everything!!

Good luck with the PS - sure hope they can help you before the wedding! I would love to have done this all before my wedding - maybe I can have a "redo" once we get hubby in Barix's hands!

Congrats again!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views