Insurance question

pennykid
on 8/3/08 3:42 am - PA

Has anyone had RNY while they were covered by Independence BC/BS Personal Choice?  I'm wondering what their requirements are prior to surgery.  Like do they require a 6 month supervised diet or a documented history of obesity?  I'm hoping to have surgery in early 2009 but would like to start preparing now if I need to do a supervised diet or anything.   Thanks!!!    Julia

cleos_mom
on 8/3/08 11:17 am - phila., PA
I had surgery 14 month ago and I did not need it.
but my  Bc/Bs is from Pa, I would start now anyway because depending on what tests you need it could take anywhere from 2 to 6 months to get completed
Susan
Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 12:08 pm - Perry, MI
I have Independence Blue Cross/Personal Choice, but my surgery was almost two years ago, and the rules may have changed since then.  Why don't you contact them, or your surgeon's office to find out what the policy dictates for this.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

pennykid
on 8/3/08 8:20 pm - PA
Thanks for your responses!  I saw Dr. Pupkova earlier this year and know her requirements (had a lapse in insurance, though, so BC/BS won't cover till early next year.)  I'll contact the insurance company and ask about their requirements.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views