Maintenance??? (long post)

Pam Hart
on 8/1/08 11:21 am - Easton, PA
Ok guys - I'm actually a bit concerned.....

As many of you know last Wed at Barix I weighed in at 138 (with my monthly friend)  I knew my "true" weight was 135 (after the water weight would subside from my friend)

I was told at that appointment that I had "10 pounds to go" which would put me at 128.  I told them when I had hit 135 I was fairly comfortable at that weight and didn't want to lose much more.  She (the nut) said "Try for 128 - see if you can get there- but don't go below that weight as it would be unhealthy for you"

I can honestly say I have NOT been trying to lose weight.  I've been eating what I normally eat, moving how I normally move etc etc.  And actually NOT obsessing on the scale.  I have noticed some clothes change recently so I have weighed myself a few times since last week - but not to "see it move" actually - quite the opposite - I was convinced I wouldn't move at all.

By last Friday I was down to my 135 weight.  Today....I was 129.5  I've lost 5.5 pounds in the past week - without trying.  I've been told by co workers aLOT recently that I am "too skinny" and sometimes - I have to agree with them.  My upper body (arms, collar bones etc) look really thin.

Don't get me wrong - I still see my flaws in my abdomen and have a lot of toning yet I would like to try to work on.

The thing is - I'm actually concerned.  I don't want to lose much more weight, if any.  I'd like to stay basically where I am - with fluctuations considered and "allowed" for toning and what not.  So if I haven't cut back on calories or what not and haven't really upped my increase - why am I still losing?

Hubby says my body will stabilize when IT is comfortable.  I'm not so sure about that.  The nut did briefly mention that when she reviews maintenance with me, my protein goals will DROP (which I was shocked to hear) and there will be other things she will review.

Any ideas??  Am I being crazy??  Any imput would be great as I've never been at a weight where I would say "I like being here and don't want to lose any more"  I've never tried this maintenance game before and am pretty sure I'll screw it up (just like I was pretty sure I would screw the surgery up).

BTW...I"m 5'3"

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 8/1/08 11:42 am - Easton, PA
I should also add that I have full intentions of calling Barix on Monday as the nut told me to call when I was at or very near 128 and she would review maintenance with me over the phone "If I got to goal before my 12 mos appointment" so I will be doing that as well.  Just wondering what everyone else thought.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
J. M.
on 8/1/08 11:44 am
I freaked out about this. Probably around the time you are. And here I am....my body has decided where it wants to be.

I think it only happens to people who dont admit how much they arent eating and/or how much they are exercising.

you have a tiny frame. I on the other hand do not...so i will never be "skinny".  so yes, you are going to come out pretty thin. i dont think you'll be underweight though. also, i was told by my surgeon and therapist to try to not worry about it until it is an issue. then worry about increasing calories etc.

so in order to not look "too skinny" start toning the sh*t outta yourself. I didnt want to look too thin, so thats the approach i went a long time ago. i do HEAVY weight training...not just toning. and i like that fact that i look muscular. i would say i look pretty fit....and healthy....now, my brain however- sometimes not so much.

so start there. start weight training. and dont worry too much right now unless it becomes a problem.

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 8/1/08 11:56 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Jen!  I appreciate your imput - and will definately start the weight training - promise!!  And yes - hell yea you look muscular fit and awesome!!

Funny you should mention my "tiny" frame - cause somebody else (in my family) said that too - and it's the first time either one of us have been able to SEE that I have a tiny frame.  Kind of strange.

Thanks for the great advice!

I'll try not to worry about it....key word being try :)

Pam
Nicole0216
on 8/1/08 12:33 pm - Lancaster, PA

I say get where you nut says and try and stay there. You will probably have some rebound weight gain anyway and your body will decide where it wants to be,

GinaB308
on 8/4/08 1:50 am - PA
Hey Pam,'s
I   am there too!  I have  been fluctuating between 161 &165, but i am 5'6(I thought I used to be 5'7, must have been an 80s hair thing back in the day).  I am at the gym every night and/or walk the dog for at least an hour.  i have been listening to my body and it's been telling me I need to eat, after the gym especially.  I wonder if I really have anyting left to loose.  I am going to set up an appointment with Bob at Riddle who will give me a total body composition report; wish I did it prior to surgery to get a real feel for  where I am.  I too have upped my weight training.  It's kind of a vicious cycle as I do not want to have to spend 3 hrs a day at the gym.  I am going to get my bloodwork done on Saturday morning hopefully everything is good.  Friends have said I am too skinny, or "she's skinnier than me"  people are just plain rude..........so be it, it's  funny to hear.  I have always been smaller on top and bottom heavy, that is still the same.  I figure I have about 10 lbs of skin so i think I am pretty much at goal; I'll let Dr. P be the judge.  Scary huh, I was thinking this at 6 mo. out. 

Gina

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views