last appt before surgery

Shan08
on 8/1/08 9:43 am - the Skook, PA
Omg.  I had my last appt with the surgeon today & was sent for the PAT's today as well
The next time I go to that hospital, it will be for the actual surgery!

I felt pretty nervous today...
I sure hope I don't blow this & chicken out.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
Heather T.
on 8/1/08 10:37 am - Bucks County, PA
Good luck and hang in there, the best is yet to come!
HT

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

Pam Hart
on 8/1/08 11:02 am - Easton, PA
Your feelings are totally normal - hang in there.

Dennis once told me about the nerves before surgery - keep in mind you made this decision when you were "sane" when you did all your research when you knew the fact.  You made this decision BEFORE your were nervous, before emotions got in the way before all of that. 

Keep in mind - this is coming from the same person (me) who was the blubbering idiot in the waiting room day of surgery and couldn't stop crying.  Actually - what got me to calm down (just a little) was one of the nurses who said "You don't seem confident in your decision - and if you're not confident, we're not doing surgery"  That got me to take a step back and analyze everything I had been through and did I want to come this far to not go any further?  I was still nervous - but I was at least able to speak.

Good luck!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 8/1/08 11:07 am - Lancaster, PA
I was a mess. I was crying in the changing room after they took me away from Jason and my sister. I was like a deer in headlights. They gave me some ativan because I could not get it together. It will be ok. This is scarey but It will be alright.
Shan08
on 8/1/08 11:53 am - the Skook, PA
LOL, that's what the woman said today... "we'll be giving you something when you first get here to calm you down.  Patients get much happier rather quickly."  LOL 

I think I will ask for a double shot of the hard stuff

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
tsr177
on 8/2/08 3:27 pm - PA
A double shot sure sounds good to me too! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views