18-Month Anniversary...

dreamgirl119
on 7/31/08 11:28 pm - Lansdowne, PA
July 31, 2008 - Wow! It's hard to believe that it has been 18 months since my WL surgery.  I must start by saying Thank you God for bringing me this far, thank you God for my continued health and strength, and thank you God for all you have allowed me to accomplish during this time.

I have not reached my GOAL weight, but my health has improved almost 100%.  My diabeties is gone, and I no longer take heart medication, or medicine for acid reflux, or medicine for arthritis and I can finally walk and BREATH at the same time.  I'm still dealing with the blood presure medicine, but I believe as time goes on and I continue to drop pounds I can and will be able to stop the blood pressure medication also.

The road has not been without its pitfalls and tears, but through the strength of GOD I am still here.  I have had support from some close friends and from friends I've made along the way on the different boards...BAF, OFF, WLS Grads, the Pennsylvania Board, Treena, Leslie and so many more that I can not name.

I'm still striving and working hard and will help anyone I can that is seeking to achieve what I have done....LIVE!

Thank you God for this day........
                     Thank you God for everything.............

lauraanne715
on 7/31/08 11:42 pm - Pottstown, PA

Congratulations on all your success!! You worked hard and deserve all the joy that comes with your new healthy self!!

Congrats!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dreamgirl119
on 8/1/08 4:31 am - Lansdowne, PA
Thanks Laura

New_Beginnings_36
on 8/1/08 12:08 am - PA
Congrats! Keep up the great work and keep on successing :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 8/1/08 12:39 am - Boothwyn, PA
You are doing a fantastic job with your life and your weight loss tool - I'm so happy for you that you're off most of your meds - like you I am still struggling to come off my BP meds but I have a long way to go til goal. Hopefully someday I'll be off those, too.

Life is full of pitfalls and problems, but I guess it only works to make us stronger, right?!

Keep on successing and LIVING - isn't it a great feeling!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
dreamgirl119
on 8/1/08 4:33 am - Lansdowne, PA
One step at a time, one day at a time...we can conquer pitfalls and problems.  We will get there!
Dennis Belk
on 8/3/08 2:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations Genie.
Living one day at a time and leaving the pitfalls behind will always do us good.
Every new day gives us that opportunity to make it what we want it to be. That gives us an enormous potential for the joy we seek and deserve.

All the best,

Dennis 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views