***TGIF Roll Call***

dit657
on 7/31/08 10:20 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Yes, that's probably my best bet - put a call into Dr Boe and see what he thinks. ARGH! I can't believe this has happened - stupid holes! From now on I'm sticking to concrete and sidewalks - screw the nature trails! Thanks again for all your wonderful advice - I will call Dr Boe's office this morning. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 7/31/08 11:40 pm - Easton, PA
KAthy - I had the EXACT same thing! I broke my foot and they couldn't see it on the x-ray, it finally did show after 3 weeks because it started to heal. I was in one of those boots too - fun isn't it?! luckily it was my left foot. I had to take some anti-inflamitory drug too and Dr Boe told me to take it after I ate and to take Pepcid every day while I was on it too - I would call him and get the specifics though - hope it feels better soon!

Liz
dit657
on 8/1/08 12:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
I'm with you on this one - I think something broke in there and he just couldn't see it on the x-ray last night. Its my left foot too so at least I can drive, but its so painful, and one of the guys in here said if it had been a sprain I would have felt it right away - this really didn't start bothering me for almost 2 days after I stepped in the hole. Plus I have other issues with that foot - ARGH!! I did call Dr Boe's office and Toni said definitely 40 mg of pepcid twice a day and to take the meds with food or protein shakes, so I'm glad I called. Thanks!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 7/31/08 10:12 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!

Well yesterday after my swim I realized I really really REALLY needed a new bathing suit.  I just bought this one before the pilgrmage - and well - it's just not fitting right.  I did go to a bunch of stores - but end of the year stuff is hard to pick through - so I am going to look online and there are some specialty stores around - and they have bathing suits year round most of the time - so I will do some more hunting today. 

Besides the hunting - I would like to get my mani/pedi done as well - and also want to try to get to bed a little early.  It's supposed to be a tough night in the er due to a local concert which has "traditionally" packed our ER with belligerent druggies and alcohol poisoning issues.  Last year this same group had two kids die of over doses at the concert (well - not really at the concert - brought to us from the concert....) so I plan on getting my sleep so I can be ready to rock and roll with all those kiddos who believe they are invincible.

That's about it for me!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/31/08 11:26 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning Everyone!!

Trish that is great news about the sugar! Take it easy and watch your legs though!  Kathy--careful with your foot and please let us know how it goes with your prescription problem!  Pam--get as much rest as you can before work it sounds like it may be brutal!

As for my day --just doing my course work assignments, and I am starting to go through and organize all the special projects and themes I want to teach this year to my second graders.  I am so excited to go back to work--the class that is coming up is sooooo adorable.  I am really looking forward to them. 

I will probally start laundry and tidy up our bedroom as it looks like a hurricane hit it!! Other than that just plan on staying cool and really enjoying my last month off before heading back to work--although I will be going to my classroom next week to start cleaning and setting up--but oh well !!

Enjoy the day!!!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

joldaker
on 8/1/08 12:28 am - West Bradford, PA

Hey there everyone, long time.

I have been very busy with work and kids and stuff. My husband lost his job of 9 1/2 years on the 17th so we have been going through some "stuff".
I have spent a lot of time in prayer, alone and with others from my church and things are turning around. We have a shut off notice for our power that I was paying with my husbands paycheck but he didnt get a whole check so we were "screwed". The Lord came through and provided him with a job with his cousin that will allow us to get through the summer and fall with no money worries.
This will sound silly but we stopped going out for dinner every night. This was my BIG way to save money, as we have not cooked a meal in our house in almost 2 years, but since he lost his job we have made all meals at home with the exception of me eating lunch out with Debby one day.

I got a new scale and have started weighing myself at home again, since I can no longer pay for doctors visits for something non emergent. I did weigh myself at Debby house last weekend and was 180 even, but my new scale says I am 191, so I dont know what to believe, but I do know that every scale is different.

Well I am getting back to work now so I can leave on time.

Have a great weekend everyone

Jen

BlancheJackson
on 8/1/08 1:31 am - Butler, PA
Good morning all!!  I am awake and babysitting my 14 1/2 mth old granddaughter... Adrianna.  It's my favorite thing to do!  

Today... as per my post yesterday when I was whining about not being on track and all the weight I had gained... I decided to start to go back to basics.  I have no intention of going nuts with it, as I will just back slide again if I do, but I started the day out with... vitamins, of course!... a protein shake, crystal light, a propel...  I am going to take Adrianna outside later to play.. run around with her ball and such.. and maybe to walk around Walmart... it's where her mommy works and so gives her a chance to see her!   

My goal today is just to do as well as I can, and try to stay low carb.  It's a start, right???

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Patricia R.
on 8/1/08 1:49 am - Perry, MI
Blanche,
My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to babysit my 13 month old granddaughter, but she lives in Michigan, which makes the times together few and far between. 

As for the comeback from the bad habits, I am right there with you in starting over this week.  I have to program my brain to apply my AA recovery mentality to the food, and see it as a one day at a time process.  What happened before today is over and done with.  I can manage to eat right, TODAY, and worry about tomorrow when I wake up tomorrow. 

Enjoy your munchkin.  I will go to Michigan next weekend to spend a few days with mine.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views