***TGIF Roll Call***

Patricia R.
on 7/31/08 6:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
How are you this morning?  I woke up with leg cramps.  I guess I am not drinking enough water. 

This morning I am heading to my AA meeting.  Then, later on this morning my kitty cats have a vet appointment for their shots.  That should be fun, getting them there and back.  My car will sound like a zoo with their meowing.  Then this afternoon I have a swim and an appointment with my psychiatrist for a medication check.  Tonight is my knitting group, where I am working on a poncho and a baby blanket.  Somewhere in there I must mop my kitchen floor, and tidy my living room.  I am exhausted just thinking about it.  This is my day off. 

I have been able to go two full days without sugar, and am so grateful for that. 

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DianeMarie
on 7/31/08 7:31 pm - Delmont, PA
Smileycons!Morning Trish and those who haven't been to the board yet!

I work today from 6AM-2:30PM.  It's going to be a very sweaty, physical day.  I have to work the order that I made on Sunday.  Lately its been about 6 pallets of Health & Beauty Items and General Merchandise.  I've only been at my new job for less than 2 weeks and I'm already getting arm muscles from it LOL.  The people that work for me have been wonderful.  Teaching me the stuff I didnt know and showing me where everything goes.  We all get along really well and I enjoy working with them.

Deidre is not going to be home tonight.  She will be at a wedding rehearsal tonight practicing her solo's.  This means I will have to force myself to walk LOL.  Other than that I have no plans.  Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Diane

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
magenta40
on 7/31/08 9:34 pm - PA
Diane, Maybe we can walk together somedays and motivate each other.  I see people up at the high school walking the track.

Abby

Liz R.
on 7/31/08 8:47 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning!

Trish Congrats on the 2 days without sugar! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water don't want to be getting dehydrated!

Today has me at work 6:15ish - 4. Although I just want to go back home and crawl into bed. It is going to be a busy day. The signs that I have to work with haven't been painted yet, so they aren't dry so I can do my part.... Looks like monday will be a 4:30 mornng... joy.

After work I think that i will run into superfresh and get a few fage yogurts, I am fresh out and I am going to BJ's tomorrow with my grandmother. Sunday I am going to re-coup and veg! Might get out for a walk along the river.

Make it a great friday and have a great weekend! Stay hydrated - we are looking at more hot days to come!

Liz
bubble273
on 7/31/08 9:12 pm - Levittown, PA
Good morning everyone.

Today is Connor's last day of camp...boo-hoo for him and me.  What the heck am I going to do with him for another month!!!  I wish the camp would go another couple of weeks.  That would be perfect.  I will probably be getting him to the library for the next few weeks, as he has a reading requirement he must do.  So that will keep him busy.  Plus he has to finish a Summer Smarts workbook that was also required.  School definitely isn't like it was when I went.  They could care less if you did anything over the summer!!

Also today I'm just chilling.  I have the day off from work.  And me myself am taking the day off from transcribing.  My hands are beginning to hurt from all the writing and typing I've been doing.  So I'm going to take it easy today.  Maybe surprise Garry at work with some lunch.  He's had a rough week at work, so maybe this will cheer him up.

Well, have a great Friday!!

Karen

Laureen S.
on 7/31/08 9:26 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish & PA,

Nice to see you posting the Roll Call this morning ;)  Congrats on the no sugar for 2 days!

For those who have had exciting WOW moments, I am soooo happy for you!

Yesterday was a wonderful day spent with my oldest and one of my dearest friends, she had not seen me since my 6 weeks post-op and was very impressed with how well I look, she then showed me a picture taken in 1979, as I shared yesterday, she is the one person who has seen me thinner than I am today and that picture had me at probably about 155 lbs., funny thing, I don't look a whole lot different today, I've actually aged pretty well ;)  Anyway, we had a wonderful visit and after her children's (she has twins, boy and girl) B'nai mitzvah in September, we have promised that we will get together once a month.

Today I am going to get the oil changed in my car, have a 9:30 personal trainer appointment, manicure/pedicure appointment after that and then meeting up with one of my friend's and her granddaughter to hang at my other friend's pool for the rest of the day, this evening I will make an AA meeting and then I should probably collapse in my bed ;)

Hope you all have a great day!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 7/31/08 9:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning Everybody - Great news on the 2 days without sugar, Trish - you're gonna be just fine. Watch those leg cramps - bananas and OJ are good for that, too.

Speaking of legs...I went to the foot/ankle doctor last night - he didn't see any breaks on the x-rays but think there might be one 'hiding' in there somewhere. Right now we're treating it as a bad sprain, so I'm wearing one of those lovely airboots - the ones that make you feel like Frankenstein when you walk. Can't drive with it on so I brought it to work and have it on now. No pain meds either since I had to drive myself today, but he did write a script for an anti-inflammatory that hubby is getting filled today.

So, no long walks for me for a little while but I am getting back on my bike tomorrow - I'll take it easy - maybe not go as fast or as far, but don't want to stop that altogether because I know how hard it is to get back to it.

Supposed to wear the boot for 2 weeks and see how the foot is - I hope I can stand it that long - guess it beats a cast, right?

That's my Friday story -- going to a friends house tomorrow up in Bucks Co - they have a pool and we're celebrating her hubby's birthday. Of course I have NO cards for him and I ordered his gift but it hasn't come yet. ARGH.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 7/31/08 10:09 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy,

I'm sure you need the anti inflammatories by the sound of your foot - just be careful - anti inflammatories are not good to our pouches due to increased risks of ulcers (hence why we can't take advil and such - it's an anti inflammatory)  Feel better soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 7/31/08 10:14 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You know when he said about prescribing them I wondered if I should take them. Would it help if I took them with milk or a protein shake or something to coat my pouch? It looked like Naproxin 500 mg on the script he wrote but I won't be sure until Len gets it filled. Does that sound right?

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 7/31/08 10:17 pm - Easton, PA
Yes, Naproxen 500 is a name and a dosage.....ps naproxen is the same active ingredient in aleve....tough call....you might want to call the surgeon (I can't remember....you use boe?) to see what he thinks and about a protein shake or something to coat the pouch.  I'm not sure if that would help.....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views