Hey PA.. I'm in a rut..

BlancheJackson
on 7/31/08 1:02 am - Butler, PA
I moved to Butler, PA recently.. and I've been trying for about 6 months to get back on track....not working. Grrrr.  I'm 3+ years out, had lost a total of 162 lbs, but now...I've gained about 45 of that back over the last 19 months.  I know why... I eat when stressed, lonely, bored....and I can eat so much more now than I used to be able to.  If you read my profile... you will understand why I started gaining 19 months ago.  I've never felt so much pain.. and it doesn't go away...it hides and pops out at you when you least expect it to!

I am able to tolerate alot of sugar, carbs, etc.. sometimes I react, but it doesn't keep me from eating it!

OK.. now... what I need......

I really just need support as I try to bring myself back on track. My only true weight goal is to be below 200...  that's it;. should be easy, right???  well.. I thought so.. got there, and then...... well, life can really be tough sometimes.  I really need to get back to where I was..  my son was soooo proud of me before he died.

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

oobiebus
on 7/31/08 1:35 am - pottstown, PA
Hi there! Get  your self,back in gear by starting over from day one,Go thru your liquid phase and so on and so on! I am very sorry for your loss and i know how tough it is!Be brave and know you  are doing this for you! You can Pm me anytime,and welcome to pa.Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

dit657
on 7/31/08 4:02 am - Boothwyn, PA

Hi - I recall you posting for a short time a while back then you disappeared - why do we do that when we need the support of our friends the most? I wish we were closer to have a real support group meeting, but we're all your support group out here.

Maybe you can start getting back on track by posting here daily - reading our posts and recognizing that we're all human, we all falter and fail, but we're not failures. And everyone has their own emotional hells to deal with. But start by coming back and being part of this group - step one.

Step two - try the 5 day pouch test - many of our posters do it when they find themselves veering off track, usually after 2-3 years out from their surgery - most of them are very successful at getting their eating and exercise back in order.

I wish you all the best - please don't be a stranger. Losing a child is life's hardest punishment, but your son was so proud of you, and you know he's still in your heart and life and wants his mom to be healthy and happy again.

Hugs - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
BlancheJackson
on 7/31/08 4:09 am - Butler, PA
Thank you to both of you.  Yes, I did post a couple of months ago..and I was doing well, but then we moved again... bought a house in Butler, and brought my daughter, granddaughter, and son-in-law to be up from Delaware to live with us, and it hit me that I was leaving my son in DE.  I will try to log on daily... I don't work, so it shouldn't be hard! LOL

thanks again!
Blanche

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Shannon O.
on 7/31/08 5:05 am - Reading, PA
Hang in there...

I would keep a daily journal or blog of your feelings, what you are eating, exercise, etc... you can make it completely private but you need a safe place to just dump all your feelings out...

Maybe seek the help of someone that you could talk to once a month to help you stay on track... a counselor, a pastor/priest, a friend... someone that will just listen and not judge...

Vent anytime here! Venting is good for ya...

Make sure you are eating protein at every meal... and weed out all BAD food from the house... get rid of the crap now... after you have done some spring cleaning in the kitchen... look for a gym if you don't have one already... and then make sure you are working out at least 3 times a week! Sure you need to do things in babysteps... but you also need a plan of attack!

You basically need to give yourself a good kick in the butt... but you also need to deal with what happened in your life... I can't even imagine going through what you did... but you needed that time to deal with such a huge loss... and you have done a great thing coming here for support... This is the best message board ever! And we are here for you! I have no idea where Butler is at... I think when I looked at the map it is near Pittsburg... here are some Pittsburg people here... so maybe they can tell you where some local support groups are...

But, hang in there! And I am wishing you all the luck in the world... and I am praying for ya!

Nicole0216
on 7/31/08 8:51 am - Lancaster, PA
You could do the pouch test I did it this week and it helped some.

you could do some emotional and cognitive work to determine why you eat and ways to change that. I suggest the Beck Diet Solution book. It is good and not a diet even though the title says that.

Support groups, logging your food and excercise is huge.
Pam Hart
on 7/31/08 10:53 am - Easton, PA
I also remember you posting awhile back - and welcome back to the boards.

Actually - there are a few people here struggling with multiple issues right now who all need support for various reasons.

I can't add much more to what has already been said.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 7/31/08 10:56 am - Perry, MI
First of all, please accept my condolences on your son.  I have three grown children, one born in 1982.  I cannot imagine your pain, but I do know it is painful, as I watch my mother mourn my brothers who died in the past two years.  If you have a faith in God, lean on Him.  He has helped my family in the past two years. 

I have been in therapy for some time for eating behaviors.  I have been learning, and relearning coping skills to deal with the emotional triggers that I eat over.  Therapy has also helped me deal with the stuff life has been throwing at me as well. I have really benefitted greatly from it.  You may want to consider therapy for a while to help you work through some of your grief, and learn new coping skills.

Posting here is also a great source of strength and encouragement as well.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views