Thursday's Appreciation

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/08 1:58 am, edited 7/31/08 1:59 am
I belong to another group and one day a week we do appreciation day...With the all the hard times some of OH family is having it is very easy to forget the good things we have even the smallest thing in our life to the biggest. So I thought I would make Thursday's Appreciation Thursday just so we don't forget.

My Appreciation's for this week....

I was given a gift to have this surgery and be healthier.

I was able to play football with my two 20 year old cousins last night and was able to run and catch the ball.

That my ass fit in the seat least week at the Academy of Music without having bruises on my thighs  when I woke up Wednesday.

My supportive friends here on OH!

Now what are your appreciations this week!
lauraanne715
on 7/31/08 2:20 am - Pottstown, PA

Beth--

I love this idea! This is a great way to uplift our spirits!

My Appreciations for this week:

My hubby who loves me no matter what.

I am able to get out of bed without having pain.

I am able to walk on the treadmill for almost an hour.

My hip and knees no longer hurt when I stand, walk or move in general.

My ankles are no longer swollen.

My new lease on life thanks to the surgery and Dr.P!!

All my beautiful OH friends!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Heather T.
on 7/31/08 3:45 am - Bucks County, PA
Beth,
What a great idea....
My appreciations for this week:

My babies are home, healthy and well loved.

My mom loves me enough to see that I needed to get back to work to be a "healthier" me and loves my children so much that she takes loving care of them all day.

I have a great employer who is understanding and supportive of my personal and professional life.

Almost 2 years ago, Dr. Brader saved my life and gave me a better life than I could have imagined 140lbs ago!

My friends and family (including my OH/WLS family) who are always there to support, cheer and/or give a shoulder to cry on!

I could go on for days....There is so much to be thankful for, and I thank God for that too!

HT

PS. Beth, those seats at the Academy are AWFUL.  I saw Wicked there right about the time I was deciding if WLS was right for me.  After the bruises and pain in my knee from those seats, I decided that it was right for me.  It is amazing how many little things we can appreciate that non-obese people wouldn't even think about!

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

sbrunell
on 7/31/08 6:15 am - Bensalem, PA
I appreciate that I can see a movie, and not have the sides of the movie theather chair digging in to my thigh.

I appreciate that my skinny jeans cost $5.83 at Sam's Club, and I can dump the Big Men's Dept in a few week.

Then i will post how I appeciate having some extra money.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Nicole0216
on 7/31/08 8:49 am - Lancaster, PA
So much to be appreciative of.

I appreciate

Jason for making me chaiscream.

That i have been able to get through the pouch test without too much trouble

that i was able to play volleyball and monster badmitten at a cook out this weekend

that i have OH family
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/08 8:57 am
Great idea Beth!

My appreciation's for this week....

I appriciate the fact that I am a strong, independent woman that is capable of taking care of myself.

I appreciate the surgery and all of the doctors, nurses and staff that have taken great care of me.

I appreciate that I have had no signs of cancer for almost 11 years and that I have great doctors that keep an eye on me and my labs to make sure my body suppresses any cancer still floating around in my body.

I appreciate that every mornign I wake and every night when I walk in the door, my dogs are THRILLED to see me.....I appreciate their unconditional love. 

I appreciate each and every one of my wls friends. 

HG

ktreavis
on 7/31/08 9:10 am - PA
I appreciate...........
 my staff who do their job and therefore make my job easier
my ability to work at 2:30 am even when I don't get home until 4pm
my new energy
love of my friends and family
the beautiful sunrise

Progress not perfection

Patricia R.
on 7/31/08 10:43 am - Perry, MI
What a great idea, Beth.

I am appreciative of:

This OH PA family here.

My bloodkin family, especially the Munchkin.

The weekend I had in Delaware where I got to ride the ferry to Cape May and enjoy the scenery.

My job at the hospital which I just love.

My relationship with God.

My health, my sobriety and my detoxing off sugar.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views