heartburn!?

Liz R.
on 7/30/08 5:42 am - Easton, PA
I thought that we weren't supposed to get heartburn anymore?!

Well I am here sip sip sipping away at my water and realizing that I have terrible heartburn! And we can't take tums / rolaids right?

Oy ... always something!

Liz
dit657
on 7/30/08 6:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
I know Dr Boe had me on Pepcid chewables right after surgery - can you take those? But you're right - you shouldn't be getting heartburn - could it be due to stress? Call Barix or your surgeon and ask them about the antacids. Hope you're feeling better soon. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 6:36 am
I seem to recall Dr. Brader telling me we could no longer get reflux or heartburn because we don't have the acid producers in our pouches.  I do get that feeling from time to time, but it's from irritation over something I ate....just not irritation from acids.  If you are drinking coffee, you might want to cut that out for awhile.  I have problems with that every once in a while and a week away from the harshness of the coffee helps.

HG
Patricia R.
on 7/30/08 6:55 am - Perry, MI
Liz, I developed an ulcer my first year out.  I had ulcers prior to surgery too.  I am just high strung and come from a long line of ulcer patients.

Definitely call your doc for advice about Tums, and to see what you should do next.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/30/08 10:08 am

Dr Marymor says: Pepcid

My cure for heartburn, indigestion and foamies is S/F Peppermint gum

I never leave home without it

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Liz R.
on 7/30/08 8:10 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks ladies! I will call if it keeps up...

I do drink decaf coffee so I will cut that out next week - shame, I've really been enjoying it! LOL

Tri****oo developed ulcers about a year after surgery, maybe they are acting up again.

I will have to get some gum... I thought we weren't supposed to chew gum for some reason? I guess once in a while can't hurt.

Thanks again!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views