laproscopic surgery at Geisinger

maurey
on 7/31/08 12:30 am
Hi,
I am so sorry to hear about your sister!  In two days (8/2/08)  I am having lap RNY at Geisinger with Dr.Gabrielsen.  I wasn't worried but now I am a bit anxious!!   When I met my surgeon I really liked him.  He seemed very knowledgable. 
I will be praying for your sister!
-Melissa
tanya72100
on 7/31/08 12:35 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Hi Melissa. Im tanya. Im having lap on August 29 with Dr petrick. Nice to meet you!!
maurey
on 7/31/08 12:45 am
Hi Tanya,

It is so nice to meet  you!  I am just figuring out how to work everything on this web site.  I am not computer savy! 

I am on the big count down.  I am sure I want to do this but I am very scared and nervous.  Then on top of that I am supposed to change my eating habits to all liquids...........sorry, I am having a horrible time.  Yep, I am a cheater!!!!  I do pretty good during the day when I am up and busy.  But come night time when I have to cook for my family, it's horrible.  I pick and pick.  UGH!

Oh, well, I am sure by the Grace of God it will all work out!

-Melissa
mystic_dragonfly
on 7/31/08 12:41 am - Lock Haven, PA
Thank you for your concern. I have never heard of Dr. Gabrielsen. He must be new. I didn't mean to make you anxious. Everyone and all surgeons are different. It is great if when you meet your surgeon get good vibes and like him. I was nerous when it was time for my surgery also but I am so glad I had it done. I feel much better. Good Luck....   

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

maurey
on 7/31/08 12:53 am
Hi, 
He is new, he is young and very, very nice.  (easy on the eyes)  I was told he was trained doing lap surgeries and has been doing it longer then "other" surgeons at GMC.
I was impressed because not only did he tell me about the surgery but he talked me through what will happen step by step.  I feel really informed! 
-melissa

mystic_dragonfly
on 7/31/08 12:37 am - Lock Haven, PA
sorry I missed where you asked if Dr. Petrick was her doctor. Yes he was.

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

tanya72100
on 7/31/08 12:46 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Dr. Gabrielson has been working under Dr Petrick for a while now. Im sure it will be fine Melissa.

Every patient is different. There are risks with any surgery and as long as you follow what your taught and listen im sure you will be fine!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views