UPDATE

Heather T.
on 7/30/08 12:15 am - Bucks County, PA
Lisa,
I am sorry to hear about school...that stinks!  Everything happens for a reason and maybe your talents are just needed elsewhere!!  (Paralegal, maybe??  The good ones do all the work anyway :)  I just wish we could find one!!)
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and if there is anything that I can do, please let me know!  Happy surgerversary...if you can "success" through all of the challenges the past year, you can do anything!
HT

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 7:02 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Heather,

I was really hoping you would read my post.  Thank you so much for your response.  I admired you before all of this happened, and I admire you doubly now for making it through law school.  I wish I could have done it but as you said, perhaps, my talents are just needed elsewhere ;)  Thank you -- that really means a lot to me.  Thank you so much for your offer to help me in any way that you can and thank you for all of your support.

Lisa :)
P.S.  Your twins are absolutely adorable.  Congratulations!!! 

Heather T.
on 7/31/08 12:52 am - Bucks County, PA

Lisa,
Thank you for the compliments....and Seriously, please let me know if I can do anything :)
HT

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/30/08 12:16 am - PA
Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear about everything that you have been going through. I will be sending good vibes your way. Keep your head up, things will get better. We miss you and will be here when you get back :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 7:04 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Stefanie, 

Thank you so much for your response and for what you wrote.  I appreciate all the good vibes you're sending my way ;) and your support really means a lot to me. 

Miss you too, 

EileenWalton
on 7/30/08 1:45 am
Hi Sweetie.  I know that was a very difficult post for you.  You have so many wonderful replies, all of which speak of your true inner beauty.  You will get through the uncertainty and move on to bigger and better things.  I remember a conversation we had and you telling me that what you really want to do is work for non-profits and help people who truly need the help.  You said that you could never work in a large lawfirm setting, billing clients hundreds of dollars, and feel no real satisfaction from it.  There are plenty of opportunities for someone as young and talented as you.  Take some time now for you, and when you are ready you can focus on what career path is the right one for you.  You have my personal email.  I'm available anytime you need me.
Eileen

HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 7:09 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Eileen,

Yes, this was certainly a difficult post for me and I really appreciate everything you wrote.  Thank you so much for reminding me of the conversation we had regarding large law firm settings/non-profit work.  It's very easy to forget those things at times like these, but you are absolutely right.  You are a  very special person Eileen and I'm so happy to know you.  Thank you so much for your support and your faith in me.  

Dennis Belk
on 7/30/08 4:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Lisa,
You gave it your all and that's all anyone can ask, that's all anyone can do. It's time to move on to something else. Finding that now becomes the challenge. You're smart and bright, balanced and beautiful and you can do what really calls to you. Listen for it and it will make itself heard. In time you will find it. Give yourself a chance to decompress from all the stress this has brought you and relax. Appreciate your new life, your new healthy life and the many friends you've found. They may lead you to your true calling. Embrace your journey. There's plenty more good to come.

Dennis 
HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 7:16 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your response, for everything you wrote and for your excellent advice.  Your words are ringing truer now than they did the first time I read through what you wrote and I'm sure they will hit closer and closer to home each time I re-read.  Thank you for your endless confidence in me and thank you for being you.  You are so special and I appreciate your friendship very much.

Nicole0216
on 7/30/08 8:40 am - Lancaster, PA
Lisa

I dont really think I can add anything to these wonderful posts. Just know that I am here for you. You can always ask and we will be here. Sometimes when something is hard and just doesnt seem to work out, it is because we are supposed to be doing something else. We will support you until you find out what that something else is. I know it is dissappointing and crushing. But do not forget that you are smart, capable, loved, and strong. This whole thing will be in the rear view mirror before long and you will have learned more about yourself than you could ever have imagined. We love you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views