UPDATE

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/08 10:05 pm
Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear about all of this.  I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering where you had been.  You are a bright, beautiful, competent woman and you will find the path you are meant to be on.  If you need to get out of Boston for a while, or even if you want to pick up and start over fresh somewhere, my door is always open.  I have a lot of room since it's just me and the dogs now. 

Heather G
HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 12:41 pm - Boston, MA
Oh Heather, thank you so much for everything you wrote.  I think about you often too and I miss chatting with you a lot.   Your offer to open your door to me is so incredibly nice and I can't tell you how much that means to me.  You are truly a wonderful person and thank you so much for all of your support. 

Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 7/29/08 10:23 pm - Easton, PA
Lisa,
I haven't been on the board as much lately myself - and almost didn't sign on today.  I was just about to turn off my computer and hit the sack but "something" made me check the boards.  I'm guessing that something is you!!

Darling - you cry all you want - it's to be expected.  And yes - you are more than adaptable enough to endure this long road as well.  Soul searching is something that is at times painful but necessary.

Don't you for one second think anything different of yourself or believe that any of us hold any "where the heck has she been?" comments - because you are loved and supported on this board.  We miss our friends when they are gone, but understand life happens - and this surgery has give you just that - life.  A friend of mine recently gave me an embroided pillow that says "Friends are like angels - you don't have to see them to know they are there" and that holds true with all of us on this board as well.

732-904-8179 is my cell and 732-495-3969 is my home if you ever need to talk.  I'll give you my work number in a PM if you need to talk in the wee hours of the morning - cause goodness knows that's where I am awake as can be.  You always can c'mon down to jersey if you need to get away - sea air does some good to people.  Of course - there's only a pull out couch and then you have a pesky hubby and two friskie kitties to deal with - but it's an option all the same.

If in your soul searching you find a way to become independently wealthy - please clue me in.  As far as "I also welcome any and all suggestions and advice regarding career option" - there's always nursing - but in all honesty - it's way to hard of a day for way to little money most times :)  Besides (and I hate to say this) most of your patients believe you haven't done right by them regardless of how hard you work (can ya tell I've had a rough couple of weeks? sorry for the vent!)

So anyway - welcome back - stay strong - and we love you.  Enjoy your surgiversary as best you can!

Love,

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 6:49 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Pam, 

I'm really glad you decided to check the boards yesterday and thank you so much for your response and for everything you wrote.  I took down your phone numbers and thank you so much for extending an invitation to me to come to your home...even if there is a "pesky hubby and two friskie kitties", your offer is so incredibly sweet and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. 

Haha, I sure wish I knew of a way to become independently wealthy...if I ever do find that, I'll be sure to let you know ;)  And thank you very much for your nursing suggestion -- I will definitely keep that in mind (along with your honest opinion about the field;) )

I love you too, 

Laureen S.
on 7/29/08 10:34 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Lisa,

I'm sooooo sorry to hear about your disappointment and the sadness that goes along with it!  I am here for you, as are many of the people on this board.  You will get through this and I believe you will find what it is you are meant to do in this life, you have lots of wonderful gifts, and I am so glad to know you and call you a friend.  Sending you cyber hugs, as well as prayers and positive thoughts. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 6:52 pm - Boston, MA
Laureen, it was so good to talk to you last night and thank you so much for being here for me...and for everything ;)  Your friendship means so much to me and I only wish we lived closer in distance.  I'm really looking forward to seeing you next month. 

Lots of hugs, 

Lslaven
on 7/29/08 10:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Lisa:
I have missed you so much!!!!!  I am so sorry about what has happened with law school.  Know that there is something better in store for you where you will make a much bigger impact. 

I know I never shared this with you, but years ago, I was going to go to law school.  I worked for CIGNA Insurance Company and they would pay for me to do that.  When I was ready to apply, I had to search my soul.  I realized I would make an awful lawyer.  You ask why do I say that.....well, if someone tells me something is unfair, I can always see both sides and usually have to agree.  As a lawyer, I would not be able to tell the opposing party that I understand where they are coming from and agree.  So, change of plans.  I became an educator and enjoyed teaching staff for many years.  Then, one day, my earth shattered and I lost my husband to cancer.  A few years later, I realized that nursing was my future career path.  I thought I brought something to my husbands bedside I could bring to others.  Miraculously, I love nursing and am so glad all these changes occurred.

You will find your niche Lisa.  You are a wonderful person with so much to offer.  Your smile can light up a room and bring joy to others.  I believe you will be awesome at anything you try.

If I can be of any assistance or you just need an ear to listen, please don't hesitate to PM me.
Big hugs being sent your way!!!!!
Linda
HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 6:56 pm - Boston, MA
Linda, thank you so much for your message and for everything you wrote.  I have missed you so much too!  I really appreciated reading the story you shared with me -- I had no idea you were going to go to law school and I also didn't know that you used to be in the education field.  How wonderful that you realized that you brought something to your husband's bedside that perhaps you could bring to others and that you decided to go into nursing.  I can see why you love nursing so much and I'm sure you bring happiness into your patients' lives each and every day.  Thank you so much for all of your support -- it really means so much to me. 

Big hugs, 

lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 11:19 pm - Pottstown, PA

Lisa--

I am so sorry to hear about law school.  I understand that it is a big disappointment as I have had similiar ones in my life.  Cry as much as you need too--vent to us, to friends, family, and get it all out.  Because in the end you will find the reason for it.  I am a huge believer in that saying "When one door closes, another one opens."  It may sound cliche and hokey but it is true.  There is a reason for this change in your life.  Soul search and find a new path--the universe will lead the way to your calling. But if you ever need to talk or vent just just pm and I will give you my cell number.

Take care and know that you are def cared about here!!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

HopefulFuture
on 7/30/08 6:59 pm - Boston, MA
Hi Laura, 

Thank you so much for your response.  I really appreciate everything you wrote and your support means so much to me. 

Much love, 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views