CHANGES IN MY LIFE

Andy Kovatch
on 7/29/08 7:44 am - York, PA
Well, I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but I haven't been on the PA board in quite a while.  I have always considered the PA board very much a part of my extended family.  And I always will.  However, my life has changed quite drastically over the last couple of months.  As some of you know, I started dating a woman, Beth,  from our wls family a little while back.  Things have worked out really well and, a couple weeks ago, I moved in with her.  Everything is going great.

I no longer live in Pennsylvania, as I am now a resident of Maryland.  Between the move and waiting for comcast to come and hook up my internet, I haven't had a whole lot of time to surf the net.  I did use Beth's computer from time to time to introduce myself to my new neighbors in Maryland on the MD board.  Much to my delight, they welcomed me with open arms.  It is a very close-knit group, very much like my Pennsylvania family right here.  I consider myself to be very lucky, as I now have two wls families.

The biggest change with my move to Maryland will be my inability to attend the Langhorne postop meeting every month.  The drive is just too great, especially with gas prices being what they are.  I am going to attend the OH convention later this year and I hope to see many of you there.  I will, however, miss seeing so many of you every month at Barix.  This was a move that was very necessary and I knew I'd be making some personal sacrafices by doing so.  I will forever be greatful for the friendships I encountered here on the PA board. 

I just wanted to fill those in that may have been wondering where I disappeared to.  I will attempt to post here on the PA  board when I feel I can help someone out with any problem they may have.  I also will continue to dedicate some time to my new friends in Maryland.  I thank you for letting me share with you my life changes and look forward to talking to you soon.  Take care my friends.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

EileenWalton
on 7/29/08 8:38 am
Andy, we will all miss you at the monthly Barix meetings.  You have always been so helpful to those of us who are "exercise challenged".   I'm glad things are working out for you and Beth.  Just please don't forget about us.  You have become a very big part of our family, as well.
Eileen

dit657
on 7/29/08 10:14 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Andy - yup, I've been wondering where you ran off to and am happy to hear you're doing so well in your new life. I will be forever grateful to you for making me feel so welcome at my very first support group meetimg in Chadds Ford - I was so nervous that first night but you, Dennis and everyone else made me feel so welcome and comfortable that I kmew I had found a great new group of friends.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your new life in Maryland - used to be a Maryland girl myself! Did some of my best 'growing up' years down there.

Please post from time to time and let us know how you're doing - we'll miss you on the PA boards but wish you all the best.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bubble273
on 7/29/08 10:29 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Andy,

So sad to hear about you leaving us, but I'm happy that things are going well for you.  Thanks for inspiring me to do my first 5k.  I wasn't so sure about doing it, but you kept on all of us to keep striving for it and I'm so glad you did and I'm so glad I did it.  And I look forward to doing more in the future.  Please take good care of yourself and don't forget to check in on us every once in a while.

Karen

Liz R.
on 7/29/08 8:37 pm - Easton, PA
Andy - I was wondering what happened to you! We have missed you!

So Glad to hear that things are going so well with you and Beth!

BEst of luck to the two of you!

Liz
Lslaven
on 7/29/08 9:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Andy:
You will be missed my friend, but sometimes we all know that life takes us in a different direction then we expected and we must roll with it.  I wish you much success in Maryland.
Linda
Pam Hart
on 7/29/08 10:33 pm - Easton, PA
Andy,

We will certainly miss you at the Barix meetings.   Who will Brian have to compare heads with???  I'm not sure how to break the news to him - hee hee.

I wish you all the luck and you best remember to come back and post here from time to time!!  You have always been a huge inspiration to me and others and your successing is fabulous!!  Keep up the great work.

Love ya,

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 7/30/08 4:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Buddy,
All the best as your new life changes yet again. Thanks for all your work over these last few years. Thanks for the support you provided me. We'll see you less but you'll forever be one of us.

Take care,

Dennis
Laureen S.
on 7/30/08 6:06 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Andy,

Glad to hear your absence has been for something as wonderful as starting a new life elsewhere and while your physical presence will be missed, your wonderful energy is still only a board away and we now know where to look for you. . .  I wish you (and Beth) all the best things life can offer and hope that one day we are in another 5k, perhaps even a 10k somewhere!  What a feeling that was and you were the inspiration behind it all, thanks friend!

Hugs and good wishes, Laureen

PS. . .  did you take a picture when I crossed the finish line that day and if so, can you send it to me. . .  on your phone I think. . .  if so, let me know and I'll pm my telephone number so you can send it along. . .  hugs again, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 7/30/08 7:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Andy

Of course I noticed you haven't been around.  So now let me wish you and Beth the best.  You have been so inspiring to so many of us.  I love listening to and reading your words of wisdom.  The enthusiasm for the Downingtown event was quite contagious.  Please check in with us once in a while.  And when will I be able to feel those muscle tight thighs again?

Arlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views