Question about Pain Relievers???

lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 6:15 am - Pottstown, PA

I have had a wicked headache today and of course I can not find the meds that are ok paper from Barix and now I am really unsure what to take?  I just have plain aspirin here at the house. Can I take plain old aspirin?? Help please!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Eileen O.
on 7/29/08 6:28 am - Marlton, NJ
My surgeon said we can only take Tylenol products (no Motrin, Excederin, etc... nothing that has aspirin in it)!!!

lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 7:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you for the heads up!! Getting the Tylenol now! 

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/08 6:36 am
Laura

Tylenol products is what Dr. P says! No Aspirin based products.
lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 7:19 am - Pottstown, PA

Beth--

Thank you!! Hubby is picking up Tylenol now.  You are a lifesaver!! Thanks so much!

LAURA

Laura

Lslaven
on 7/29/08 9:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Laura:
I agree with everyone else......Tylenol is the way.  Just make sure if you get liquid there is not too much sugar.  I think it was Kathy who dumped on Tylenol.  That is an awful thing to happen especially since it was not from a gooey hot fudge sundae.

Hope you feel better!!!!
Linda
lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 10:53 pm - Pottstown, PA

Linda--

Thank you for the heads up onthe sugars! I soo do not want to dump on Tylenol. Thank you !!!  By the way it is so nice to see you again--you look great in your pic!!  Hope all is going well!!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura

Pam Hart
on 7/29/08 10:37 pm - Easton, PA
Laura,

Well a day late and a dollar short - but oh well.  Wanted to echo the same - tylenol products.  Anything under the category of "NSAIDS" (Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory DrugS) are off limits due to increase in risk of ulcers.  These include anything with aspirin, ibuprofin, naproxen etc.

While we are on the subject if *knock on wood it doesn't happne* you need prescription pain meds things like percocet, vicodin, tylenol with codeine ARE safe to take - although I find I am much more sensitive to it.  There is a drug called "Toradol" via prescription that is an NSAID and we wouldn't be allowed to take.

Hope your head feels better today!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 7/29/08 10:59 pm - Pottstown, PA

Pam-

Thank you for the info on the prescription meds too!  I hadn't had a headache in so long it kinda threw me for a loop.  I know I can take my migraine meds for a migraine but this was just a wicked headache and I was at a loss.  But thank you for all the info and advice from you can never come too late!!

It is nice to see you on the boards again, by the way!  I missed your posts!  Hope all is well with you! Have a great day!

Much luv!

Laura 

Laura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views