One Step Closer

Marlo71
on 7/29/08 4:56 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hello everyone!  Well yesterday I had my meeting with the NUT and that went pretty well.  It seemed to go very fast and I left feeling like I still have no clue what to eat...lol  But I did get a manual and am reading all the details.  The BF went with me and did ask some questions about the foods, but in general seemed like he would rather be getting a root canal...lol  So, now I just wait for my date.  The NUT said they should call me by the end of the week and schedule.  I cant wait, this has seemed so sureal lately.  So, I'm sure I will be asking all kinds of questions as the surgery gets closer, but I have already learned so much!!    My Dr. said the only thing I needed to do was maintain my weight until surgery, but how do you resist the urge to go out and eat all the crap you know you cant/shouldnt eat...LOL 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far! 

-Marlo 

dit657
on 7/29/08 5:25 am - Boothwyn, PA
Oh man, those 'Last Suppers' are so tempting - maybe treat yourself to one but definitely NOT the night before your surgery - remember, you will eat again in restaurants and most likely have your favorite foods, just not as much and you'll feel so much better for it. Sounds like things are really rolling along - you'll be there soon! Congrats - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 7/29/08 5:32 am - Reading, PA
I didn't do a last supper... didn't see the point lol... but what kept me from screwing up was the thought of having to do all of this all over again if I gained weight... and that was enough for me lol...

But, if something bad is calling your name... do this... think of it covered by a ton of earth worms... all slimy and gross... then if that isn't enough... picture it covered with hair from your legs from when you shave... then think of yourself taking a bit... if you still want it... well you are messed up lol... but normally that is enough for me not to want it... I learned that from that show that was on in April called I Can Make You Thin on TLC... it has worked a lot for me in controlling cravings for the most part even after surgery!

rdy2looz
on 7/29/08 11:36 am - Bensalem, PA
Good luck!  I had my NUT appointment today and everything went really well.  Now I wait, same as you.  Keep up the good work!

Suzette
Lslaven
on 7/29/08 9:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Marlo:
Unfortunately, I have no suggestions on how to resist this urge.  I had about 40-50 last suppers before my surgery because it got postponed and then I switched doctors.  The down side of all these meals is that you do gain weight.  Now I realize that I can really have almost anything, except sugar and high fat foods, and these last suppers were really a waste of time and money.

I wish you the best and cannot wait to see your "I got my date" post.
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views