I have to cancel the support group at my house tonight

DebiMcK23
on 7/28/08 11:23 pm - Aston, PA
My aunt and uncle are going to florida tomorrow.  Aunt has stage 4 breast cancer that has spread to her bones and they are going for more treatment in Jacksonville.  She asked everyone to go to dinner tonight before she leaves, and well, I just can't say no.  She wants her female support group together.  She is very secretive about the cancer...  most of the family doesn't even know she is fighting this batte.
I hope people aren't too disappointed.  I can reschedule for another day or something.  I know Jen O was going to come, I don't know if anyone else was planning to attend.
Sorry
Debi

303/197/153

dit657
on 7/28/08 11:28 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Of course your family comes first, Debi, no matter what. You couldn't possibly say no to a request like that - she needs you and her family right now. I'll add her to my prayers and hope they can do something for her. Take care - it won't be an easy evening. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
DebiMcK23
on 7/29/08 12:34 am - Aston, PA
It is going to be a good night for the ladies.  She is already making plans for Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year.  She has a very strong will.

303/197/153

Laureen S.
on 7/28/08 11:33 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Debi,

While I would not be able to attend your support group, I wish to extend my prayers and best wishes for the challenges your Aunt is facing.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

DebiMcK23
on 7/29/08 12:36 am - Aston, PA
thank you.  After losing my brother to cancer, it is tough to see someone else going thru it.  Actually my aunt was diagnosed before my brother.  Ken found out about the cancer in December and was gone by February. 

I just found out Aunt Helen wants to go see Momma Mia tonight.  Which should be fun. 

303/197/153

Ready4 AChange
on 7/29/08 12:26 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Debi,
Family comes first. Go make it a happy night for your aunt. Maybe take pictures if she is up to it. ( I hate to say this but) This may be the last set of pictures you will have with the "whole" family.  I will be sending lots of positive thoughts her way.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

DebiMcK23
on 7/29/08 12:33 am - Aston, PA
We took pictures at Benjamin's birthday party, and she didn't hide from them.  Normally, even before she was sick she would hid from the camera.

She iniitally was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 7 years ago, and has been fighting the fight.

She still believes she can beat it, and is such a strong willed person, I believe her!

303/197/153

Patricia R.
on 7/29/08 9:37 am - Perry, MI
Deb,
While I would not be attending your support group, I am glad you decided to spend the time with your aunt.  After losing both of my brothers suddenly in the past two years, I am one to seize any and all opportunities to create memories with family.  Time is precious, and those times together are fleeting.  Enjoy and make happy memories with her.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DebiMcK23
on 7/30/08 12:44 am - Aston, PA
Thank you all for your kind wishes.
Last night was a wonderful night.

I took all of my ladies to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays (6 total), and my aunt was able to eat almost all of her meal.  Something that is pretty rare these days.

Then we went to see Momma Mia.  It was a wonderful chick flick.  Very cute story and the setting was lovely.

Trish, I know a little something about losing a sibling, unfortunately  My brother was just 39, when he found out he had colon cancer.  He turned 40 in the hosptial and died 2 months after being diagnosed.  It was in Feburary, 2006.

I had a rough time just this past weekend, dealing with the loss of my brother.  It doesn't go away.  Kenny was engaged when he passed, and Saturday, his fiance eloped with a man she has only known for 8 weeks.  He is the first man she has dated since losing my brother, and while I certainly don't think it is too soon for her to move on, I think it is too soon for her to marry someone she met on May 31st.  Kenny told me to look out for her, but I couldn't tell her not to elope...  I told her she was a smart woman and I hoped she was making a decision with her head, not just her heart. 

303/197/153

GinaB308
on 7/30/08 2:31 am - PA
I missed the post for the mtg, when are you planning on having it now?

G

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views