Complainers Wanted

sbrunell
on 7/28/08 2:40 pm - Bensalem, PA
My wife's Last Supper came from Carrabas Italian Grill. However, they screwed up the meal, and since it was Car side to go, there was no way of fixing it. I went online and complained, and they have offered a free meal to replace it. I explained that this was her Last Supper, and it didn't go smoothly, and now she probably can't eat anything.  Since I was post op, I ordered just grilled salmon...

The problem is when i try to choose the meal she would want, I checked the web site, and other web sites, and there is no nutritional info that I could find.   I explained to the manager that this was  a problem, and i was told they were working on it. 

Please don't respond with what you would recommend we eat....it's not really the point. I know they will do a grilled chicken, steak, fish, without sauce....it's just not the point.

I am looking to light a fire under their butts, so please use the link below and complain about not having the nutritional data online.  I don't have to explain to you all why this is critical.

Thanks!
Happy Complaining

http://www.carrabas.com/contact.asp
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Melanie B.
on 7/28/08 8:53 pm - Doylestown, PA
http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/carrabbas

dit657
on 7/28/08 9:45 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Applebee's doesn't list their nutrion values either, and I complained to a friend of mine who works for a company that owns about 25 Applebee's in the southeastern PA region. I don't expect restaurants to put all that on their menus, but they should make it available on line so anybody can look before we go. She told me that the state is pushing for all restaurants to list their nutritional information on the menus - don't know if it will go thru or not.

Another pet-peeve of mine is that most chain restaurants do not offer any type of sugar-free desserts, and I think that's disgraceful as well - not only for WLS patients who dump, but my husband is diabetic (type 2) and there's never anything for him, either.

I'll go on line to Carrabas and send a note - if you have the time do the same for Applebee's. I saw somebody sent a link to the The Daily Plate and I think they have some nutritional info for restaurants - Dottie's Weight Loss Zone also lists a lot of restaurants, but the restaurants themselves should still do it.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
sbrunell
on 7/28/08 9:47 pm - Bensalem, PA
Melanie,
Thank you for the site, and I will bookmark it, but I am asking Carrabas to publi**** to increase the accuracy of it. Unfortunately, it does not list the sugars in the dish, and that was one of things I am watching. The fat eliminates her favorite (52g), but the ones that might seem close, would make me want to know the sugars.....
If they publish the data, it will make everyone's life easier.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Melanie B.
on 7/28/08 10:19 pm - Doylestown, PA
I heard on the radio yesterday morning that NYC's Mayor Bloomberg has made it a law that any restaurant with more than 25 locations nationwide MUST print the nutritional information on their menus in NYC.

Neat idea. Maybe other cities will follow suit.

DebiMcK23
on 7/28/08 11:27 pm - Aston, PA
I believe there is a site of folks in NYC who are publishing the menu's with the calorie counts, etc .  I will try to find it.  I will also complain to Carrabas.  Steve, you so so right about needing this information!

303/197/153

Ready4 AChange
on 7/29/08 12:42 am - Upper Chichester, PA
I just sent an email hope it helps. Here is what I wrote.

(
I have been looking at your menu and the food sounds appetizing but there is a problem. Since I have had surgery I am not able to eat certain foods. Especially high fat / high sugar items.It would be a good idea to  put nutritional information ( cal, carbs, sugar etc) either on your web site or on the menus so others may be able to look at the list and decide before going to your restaurant. This would also speed up the time that people will need to decide what they want to order and eventually meals will end sooner and you may be able to serve more customers . This could be a win/win situation for your company)

I'm hoping that the last line or so would work , faster customers leave more people arrive....more money.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views