Wierd cravings

retta0426
on 7/27/08 1:44 pm - Middletown, PA
My cravings aren't what you are most likely thinking/assuming.
The last week and a half, I've been craving fish and I have no idea why. I know, you are wondering why this is a problem, right? Well, it's a problem because I hate the taste and smell of any type of fi**** physically makes me sick anytime I smell anything that resembles a fish. (Don't know why, so can't answer that question) I don't go to seafood restaurants because I just can't stomach the thought of seafood. I never could, even before the wls. (Tuna is about all I can handle and even that is in small amounts)
So, help, anyone?? Why am I craving this now and what if any suggestions do you have to help me get over this craving?
Mom and my sister in law, God love them both, have both attempted to make me various types of fish this last week, but as soon as it was brought in the house, or I walked into thier house and smelled it, I ran to the bathroom, it literally made me that sick. I tried tuna, but no can do, it just isn't the same, and really doesn't taste all that great in my opinion anyhow.
So any suggestions anyone can come up with, would be wonderful. I really would like to get over this craving now, it's getting old.
sbrunell
on 7/27/08 1:51 pm - Bensalem, PA
I remember seeing a program about cravings....and the answer essentially is that you crave what your body needs, even if you don't quite get it.
The old Steve would eat a left over steak for a late nite snack...but men need more protein. If you crave bananas, it might mean you are short on potassium.....
So, are you getting your protein goals?  Also, you might just wanna try it. My wife is turning the corner since she is post op.  She tries it, and some she likes, and some she doesn't like.  It's hard when you are a seafood salesman, and your wife doesn't eat seafood, so i am especially happy about the change.

If you want a fish suggestion, get Swordfi****'s very steak like, and you can cook it on the grill, so your kitchen won't be fishy.  Cook it for ten minutes per side per inch of thickness, and it's delicious. If you didn't know, you would wonder how you made such a tender steak.

If you need fish suggestions...feel free to ask.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Nicole0216
on 7/27/08 1:52 pm - Lancaster, PA
Only thing i can think of is that your body is seeking some kind of nutrient that is prevalent in fish but I dont know what that could be?
sbrunell
on 7/27/08 1:52 pm - Bensalem, PA

ok. it's late....
It's 10 minutes per inch...5 min per side.

Sorry...need to turn in for the night.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Patricia R.
on 7/27/08 1:58 pm - Perry, MI
Ditto to the thoughts on craving the nutrients.  Can we take fish oil supplements?  Just a thought.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

BellaNell
on 7/27/08 8:53 pm - Pleasant Mt., PA
 You might be low on omega3 fatty acids.....funny/weird how our bodies talk to us, huh?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views