Support Groups????

Ready4 AChange
on 7/30/08 12:53 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Crozer has two support groups. The fourth Wed of the month it will be Aug. 27 sat 7 pm at the Pollard House near Crozer Hospital and then the Wed like Kathy said. the 16th I believe at 11 pm.

Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 12:32 pm
Kathy I love your new avatar you look awesome!
dit657
on 7/26/08 11:26 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lauraanne715
on 7/26/08 9:11 am - Pottstown, PA

Katie--

I am so there with you!  The Wed night meeting is so hard for me to get to now with hubby new schedule...could we have one on a Sat at Barix because that would be soooo awesome.  I hope you or Dennis can find out!! 

Thanx!

Much luv!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 12:26 pm
Laura

I know you had mentioned you are using one vehicle these days if a ride to the barix meeting is an issue I am in the northeat and would glady give you a ride.
cleos_mom
on 7/26/08 11:38 am - phila., PA
Hi Katie
 Dennis is working on something and you wshould go thru him because he handles the meetings
Susan
Dennis Belk
on 7/26/08 11:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Katie,
This has been an active subject and the consensus is many would like to see more meeting opportunities whether it be at Barix or elsewhere. As Kathy mentioned, at Barix I'm working towards having Saturday meetings there. We hope to get more people involved to lead and attend. We can also develop a format for the meetings. We can possibly have general meetings as we do now, a meeting with a specific topic, a meeting of patients split into their surgery age, (Pre-ops - 6 mths, 6 mths - 1 yr, 1 yr and over, etc.). Perhaps multiple meetings happening at the same time or staggered throughout the day. 
The idea is not to only have more frequent meetings but also to meet in smaller more manageable groups so we can maximize the benefit.
There are meetings all around the area conducted by other programs as well as meetings held at the homes of patients. I attend some of these and encourage everyone to do the same. I'll be working to firm up the possibilities at Barix and I'll let everyone know by posting here.

Dennis 
jdruski
on 7/29/08 4:10 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Dennis,

When I read that Barix might be offering Saturday meeting I got very excited (I still don't have a life).  I am not a Barixer but I am 2 years post op and have lost over 200 lbs.  I have  had a round of plastics   I am stlll a long way from my own goal.  I really could use the support.  I know I won't come to the evening meetings and Pennsylvania Hospital meeting are very chaotic (sp?) and mostly caters to the pre- or very newly post op.

Please tell me that this is something that might happen.  I would love to see specialized meetings.

Thanks.

Jeanne

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 12:31 pm
Hi Katie .....

I understand your feeling about the support meetings. It has been asked an answered about Barix we know that is in the works.
  I know you have a house full but if we had a set day I would glady have something at my house since I have this big old house and just me and the dust bunnies live here. I am in the process of redoing a bunch of rooms because I am my fathers daughter and start 30 projects at once. If you all don't mind that I would do it in a heartbeat. I would do a support meeting say once a month for a group of us.  I am in Northeast Philly right off an I-95 exit.....

Feedback???
ktreavis
on 7/26/08 10:10 pm - PA
That would be great Beth. Let me know what you are thinkin about. I think there is a good group of us that had our surgery right around the same time that could use the support from each other. Talk to you soon. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views