Support Groups????

ktreavis
on 7/26/08 7:40 am - PA
I have been feeling the need to get together and have more support meetings. Do we have to have a NUT there? I work less than 5 minutes from Barix and there is a room there that I know we could probably use. Let me know what you think. I don't want to jump the gun or run over anybodies toes, but I still think it is a good idea. I would just use my house, but there are way too many of us here as it is. Again, let me know what you all think. - Katie

Progress not perfection

kimmiep621
on 7/26/08 8:31 am

i know nothing about making more meetings but i just wanted to tell you, if you ever wanted someone to talk to i live in levittown, the vermillion hills section.      i'm always home, i'm a SAHM.  

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

dit657
on 7/26/08 8:34 am - Boothwyn, PA

Katie - I know Dennis is looking into adding more support group meetings at Barix - maybe on Saturdays or Sundays because so many of us live too far to make the evening weekday meeting(s). Not sure how he's making out on this but hopefully something can be done.

I went to a great support group meeting today by me held by Crozer Keystone - they just started having a monthly meeting at a new location on Saturdays and the room is big and Pat, the coordinator told me to let everyone know that anyone is welcome to attend. I know you live up by Barix but this was a very good meeting so if you're ever interested let me know. Last month they discussed vitamins - today's discussion was on surgeons and hospitals, etc. Next month they are having a nutritionist at the meeting.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Ready4 AChange
on 7/26/08 8:46 am - Upper Chichester, PA

Darn....I knew I forgot something !   Sorry I didn't make it today Kathy. I went to the one on Wed night. It was packed so I do think I will be going to the Sat ones . Today I was cleaning my son's room trying to any way. He got rid of his water bed and they delivered the new mattress today.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

dit657
on 7/26/08 11:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Sandy - I wasn't sure I'd make it either. Had to take my mom for an MRI - she thought it was at Brinton Lake at 10:30 which was perfect, so I got her there but while I was waiting she came out and said she had to be at Riddle MRI, which is right up the road, but had to get her back in the car and over there, and she was late. Anyway, I got to the meeting about 20 minutes late but I was glad I made it. Not too many post-ops there - mostly pre-ops. Pat won't be at the next mtg because she'll be on vacation, but said she'd have another coordinator there as well as a nutritionist. I think its August 23rd. Kathy

Ready4 AChange
on 7/27/08 1:50 pm - Upper Chichester, PA
Saturday, August 16, 2008 (Note date change! The August 23 Weight Loss Seminar has been cancelled.)

Pat asked me if I would "run" it but I am not comfortable enough to do that but I did say I would try to be there .

Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

dit657
on 7/27/08 9:31 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thanks Sandy - you could run it if she gave you a topic or guideline to follow - you know how we all get chatting and chiming in! I should be there - no plans for that date right now. Thanks! Kathy

cleos_mom
on 7/26/08 11:40 am - phila., PA
hi when is the next meeeting at Crozer
Susan
dit657
on 7/26/08 11:27 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I believe its August 23, and there will be a nutritionist at this meeting. It will be held at the Brinton Lake Medical Center off Route 1 in the Chadds Ford area - as we get closer and you're interested let me know and I can give you more specifics if you need them.

Kathy

cleos_mom
on 7/27/08 10:51 am - phila., PA
okay that sounds great maybe I can make it please let me know
thanks Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views