Going Under?

Vito Yacovelli
on 7/26/08 7:08 am - West Grove, PA
This is probably a stupid question but, I'm guessing you have to be knocked before the LB Surgery?  That is what scares me the most about the whole thing.
Best Regards, 
jdruski
on 7/26/08 7:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Vito,

Yes it is still a surgery so they will knock you out.  Try and relax and enjoy it.  I have had 4 weight related surgeries and I looked forward to the anthestisia (sp?).  It is the most peaceful sleep.  It is very normal to be apprehensive about being put under.

When is your surgery?  Have you had your PAT's and been cleared?  As long as that is done and you have faith in your surgeon you will be just fine and you will be sitting on the loser's bench with the rest of us.

Good luck to you.

Jeanne
Ready4 AChange
on 7/26/08 8:49 am - Upper Chichester, PA
That is what was holding me back from looking into the surgery. I had to have half my thyroid removed so when I realized that I made it through that surgery I looked into WLS and I am glad I did. Only one regret though......I waited so long to do this !  It is normal to be scared. You will be fine.
Good Luck,
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 1:05 pm
No stupid questions...Yes you will be knocked out but the drugs you get when you wake uo are great~ Ok seriously you will go out like a light but I think we have all felt that amount of nerves prior to surgery.

Good Luck~
Shan08
on 7/26/08 1:38 pm - the Skook, PA
Yep, WLS requires us to be knocked out.  I've only ever been put under for oral surgery... but I thought it was pretty cool :)  lol  You'll do fine!  I like your name by the way. . .

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
DebiMcK23
on 7/28/08 3:20 am - Aston, PA
Hey Vito,
My sister in law lives in West Grove... 
I was nervous about being knocked out also.  The only part that scared me actually.  but it was completely uneventful.
Debi

303/197/153

sbrunell
on 7/28/08 2:14 pm - Bensalem, PA
I had a little fear, and like you I am a big guy. I felt silly for feeling this way. My surgery was a litle over 2 months ago.
As far as the anesthesia goes, here is what I remember. A man w/ brown hair came out to meet me. He asked me to move onto the operating table. The next thing I know, I was in the recovery room. I was amazed!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views