complications post op

llnda313
on 7/25/08 3:46 am
My sister-in-law just had her sx last wednesday,so far has needed 3 blood transfusions,eneded up in surgical trauma with a hematoma on her liver due to a clamp mishap during sx. Back on regular floor at hosp. and now told that she has an infection. If anyone has had a similiar experience I would greatly appreciate any input. I am scared that she may have developed an abscess on her liver due to the hematoma. This is scary. She said she had the stomach stapled but when I look that up I don't understand which sx she had.
Thanks
Lin
Ready4 AChange
on 7/25/08 4:51 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Hi Lin,
Sorry to hear about your sister in law. Hope she feels better soon. I was home a couple of days and developed an infection that put me back in the hospital for a week. I was given antibiotics ( strong ones ) three times a day for a week. Came home with my wound open that a home health care nurse came and I had a wound vac placed , instead of packing the wound. When she comes home tell her to get in her protein and water and exercise when she can. My husband made sure I got in my protein which is what my doctor said helped me heal so fast.
Once you find out what kind of surgery she had maybe you can go to that forum and ask questions.
Hope she feels better soon.
Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

llnda313
on 7/25/08 3:06 pm

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply they have discharged her today on antibiotics. My mom says it was the one with the staples...I'll try to find out later after she adjusts to being home.

She lost a teenage son two years ago and I m praying this gives her a boost I know she has been through so much that in comparison this is probably at least something that will requre her complete attention and help her to heal in many ways..
lin

Pam Hart
on 7/25/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
Lin,

Glad to hear she is home - family support will be key at this time.  She may not want the help - but be there anyway and support her decision.

Considering she had her stomach "stapled" I'd be willing to bet she had the RNY procedure - or perhaps the DS procedure.

Wishing her best of luck.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
llnda313
on 7/30/08 5:32 am
Thanks Pam, I heard thru the grapevine that she said she wished she had an onloine support group!! I hope I can get her to join
Lin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views