****TGIF Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 7/24/08 7:20 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early, getting things together for a trip to Dover, Delaware to spend the weekend helping my niece move into her first apartment.  While there, I also plan to hit Rehoboth Beach, and get some swimming in, and just relax some.  The hotel we are staying in has a fitness room and a pool, so I will be getting in plenty of exercise.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and my headache is due to a bad sinus infection.  I am on antibiotics and steroids again.  Yippee!.  All sarcasm intended.

Have a great weekend.

Huggles.
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 7/24/08 8:47 pm - Easton, PA
Hope you feel better Trish! GOod luck with the steriod - I am conviced they were developed by the devil himself...

I am at work, then off to grocery shop and home to clean and cook for all my company this weekend. We are having friends over tomorrow for the first time in the new house! And some of my family for a b-day party on sunday. I got most of the house cleaned last night, just have to do the bathrooms, mop the kitchen floor (quite possibly my least favortie chore!) and vacuum. Then it is off to prep the food. It'll be a busy weekend but I am looking forward to spending time with my friends and family.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Liz
Laureen S.
on 7/24/08 9:59 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Trish & PA Posters,

Sorry to hear you have a nasty sinus infection, they are awful. . .  hope the antibiotics and steroids kick in quickly and you are off them soon. . .

Well I had a wonderful day yesterday, drove up to Hamilton took the train to Seacacus, where Tony picked me up and we drove into the City, parked his car by the tunnel, had breakfast, hopped on the #7 train to Shea Stadium and saw a very exciting game of baseball where the Mets made us very happy! 

So sorry to any of you Phillie fans and I don't mean that as a dig, we have more in common than no****ching our respective teams take us down the path only to watch them not make it all the way, though my team sure had me hanging my head last September. . .  anyway it was a very exciting game to be at and for now my home team is #1!  After the game, we took the train back to the car and drove to Seacacus outlet area, where we had dinner at Chili's, then sat outside at Starbucks for a little while and then Tony dropped me off so I could get home to my AA meeting.  All in all, what started out as cloudly, rainy and miserable day, turned into a wonderful one in all manners!  Just love when everything comes together so well ;)

As for today, I will be going to the gym in a bit and then I have a few things I need to run around and get done, before I hopefully get to enjoy some sun and relaxation at my friends pool and an AA meeting this evening.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bubble273
on 7/24/08 10:25 pm - Levittown, PA
Good morning PA and Trish,

Hope you feel better so that you're able to get the most out of your trip this weekend!!

Today has me dropping Connor off at camp this morning.  I can't believe he only has one more week.  Where did that six weeks go???  Before I know it it will be September and he'll be in the 3rd grade.  My baby is growing up too quickly!!!

This afternoon I have a job in the city at 2:00.  Not really thrilled about it.  It's a video of a doctor, and I just hate videos.  They are just a pain in the arse.  Then it's home and then to my MIL's to help her and my SIL get ready for a flea market they're going to tomorrow.  And tomorrow Garry and I will be helping them set up and then join in the fun later in the afternoon with Connor because the flea market is also a community day at the Newportville Fire Company.  And then we have a b-day party later.  So it will be a busy Saturday.  Sunday I will be working on my computer to turn some transcripts in for Monday.

Have a great day and great weekend everyone!!!

Karen

lauraanne715
on 7/24/08 10:39 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning everyone!

I am very tired this morning--I have not been sleeping well and I have alot to do today for the classes I am taking.  I will work on them this morning and hopefully this afternoon I will get on the treadmill and do some excersise.  That is really about the extent of my day! Have a great Friday everyone!

Much luv!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dit657
on 7/24/08 10:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everybody - I took the day off - have a dr's appt and a landscaper coming by with some drawings and an estimate to do something with this ugly mulch hill I have in front of the house. Hoefully he'll have a decent price for us.

Took the dog for a long walk, and have to get ready for the dr. soon. Hoping to come off my blood pressure meds this time - I'm only on 2.5 mg of norvasc now but it sure would be nice not to have to take it at all. I'm done with my Advair as well and seem to be doing fine without it.

Not much else on my agenda right now - was going to take mom for an MRI but she's not feeling up to it so I have the afternoon free. Might go get some flowers to stick in my pots out front for the rest of the summer. Had to cut the ugly dead stuff out the other night.

Hope everyone has a great day...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 7/24/08 10:48 pm - Reading, PA
Today is my day off from the gym... so I really don't have anything planned lol... well gotta go to the bank... and then visit my mil... but that is it... ohhh but Stargate is on tonight and so is new monk and psych... mahahahaha....

Lslaven
on 7/24/08 10:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and PA:

I hope you feel better real soon Trish. 

Sorry for my hiatus but I had a hard time adjusting to returning to work.  I did not know how to fit in exercise, work, eating ever 2 1/2-3 hours, planning meals, cleaning the house, support groups, husband, and life in general.  I think I am finally getting the hang of this and happy to be able to catch up with my OH friends.

Today, I will go to the gym and use the machines which I just learned last night.  I walk every day at least 3 miles, but toning is becoming an issue.  I am 20 pounds heavier now then when I got married, and when I got married I was 3 sizes smaller.  Needless to say, toning must become an important activity to me.  I took Shannon's advice and hired a personal trainer.  I will see her once a week on Thursdays.  Hopefully, this effort will pay off and I will not become a deflated balloon from the excess skin.

Hubby's birthday is Monday so I think I will have no choice but to go see Dark Knight this weekend since that is the one movie he really wants to see.  I am not a huge batman fan, but you do what you gotta do.

Well, whatever all of you do this weekend enjoy yourselves and the weather!!!!

Linda
Heather T.
on 7/25/08 12:10 am - Bucks County, PA
Good Morning Trish and PA!
Today has me spending my last day of maternity leave  with the kids and my mom...we are going to Q mart and then have to clean out my closet and get my work clothes back out and see what fits post pregnancy.  I am 10 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight, but my c-section scar is still pretty swollen so we will see how it goes.
Plans for the weekend include picking up the twins first pictures at JCPenney on Saturday so that I have their picture at work with me on Monday and resting!!!
Trish-- I hope you feel better soon! 
Happy Friday everyone!
HT

I'm a classic overachiever, I'm a mom of twins!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/08 12:34 am
HT......OHHHHHHH.....they are sooooo cute!!!!  I can't wait to meet them!  Are they 6 weeks old already?  Is your mom doing the child care for you?

Hi everyone else!   I have the day off from work so that I can get in three solid days of work around the house.  I have a ton of painting, caulking, grouting, cleaning out crap, fixing stuff, etc to do in order to get the house ready to go on the market.  I decided to have a yard sale in September because I realized I had a lot of crap stuffed in closets and cabinets, plus I want to sell my dinning room furniture and 3 book cases that are in my guest room.  Most of the stuff  is piled in my livingroom right now....I have to move it all into the dining room to get it out of the way.  I also plan to mow and weed wack today.  I can't wait to get this house sold and get settled into the new house!!! 

HG

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views