Breakfast Cereal

Gail M.
on 7/24/08 11:06 am - Scranton, PA
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good breakfast cereal with some extra protein?  I love raisin bran but it has way toooo much sugar.
Gail

*Jennifer Juniper*
on 7/24/08 11:29 am - Philly Girl, PA
Speial K with protein! Throw some fruit in it is GOOD! 10 grams of protein per serving! Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Nicole0216
on 7/24/08 1:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
i think it is called Uncle Sams
Lslaven
on 7/24/08 10:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Gail:
I like Special K with Protein also.  When I first tried it, it tasted almost like maple brown sugar and, since I don't like that taste, I thought it would not work for me.  However, I tried it a second time and liked it.  I also eat cheerios, but they are not as high in protein.  Good luck!!!
Linda
dit657
on 7/24/08 10:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
LINDA!!! You're back! I've been thinking about you so much and wondering how you're doing! Some of your friends did reply that you've been really busy being back to work and all - but I'm so glad to see you post. I hope everything is going well for you. Check in once in a while!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
dit657
on 7/24/08 10:28 pm - Boothwyn, PA
The Special K with Protein is very good - Kashi makes some good high protein cereals but check for the sugar content. I actually buy Kashi Heart Smart and Go Lean and mix them - its pretty good stuff. Problem with most cereals is they are loaded with sugar - even plain Cheerios. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 7/24/08 10:50 pm - Reading, PA
Giant has one in their sugar free/diabetic section... I have it but too tired to walk down stairs to look at the box... but it is really good... there is also muscle milk oatmeal too that is really high protein...

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 7/25/08 10:14 pm
I try to avoid the carbs from cereal but when I do eat it, I go for Fiber One along with Soy Milk for added protein.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/08 1:17 am
Gail,

I have never been a big cereal person, but I really like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch.  It does have sugar in it, so check out the nutritional values before you buy it.  I am almost two years out and can do a bit of sugar, so I am OK with this cereal, but I would hate to recommend something to you and have the sugar make you sick.  I eat it with skim milk and either a bit of banana or cut up peach or blueberries/strawberries.  Also, if you like oatmeal, the weight control oatmeal is good (can't remember who makes it).  I will do cheereos on occasion, but so rarely, that I actually just threw away 1/2 a box because it got stale. 

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views