Thank you and Quick Update

Pam Hart
on 7/25/08 1:01 am - Easton, PA
First off I want all of you know that I did read every single post sent to my "taking a step back" thread.  Granted - I've been a bit emotional thanks to the monthly hormones - but every single one of you had me in tears and I appreciate the support.

Hubby (and I) are doing better.  He's a bit back to normal - and we are enjoying each others company.  Of course Wednesday - just barely 24 hours after my post - as I was on my way home from Barix (more on that in a moment) my mother called me - my grandmother was in the hospital they didn't know why and me and hubby were the closest.  Well - I was at Barix area so I called hubby and sent him to the hospital.

yes - another day spent in the ER. She was pretty critical.  She's been battling a stomach bug at home for some time now - which sent her into a condition of "Anti Diuretic Hormone Release" which basically means she was losing fluid through urination PLUS the diarrhe and vomiting - her sodium level was 117 (normal 135-145 anything under 120 is possibly lethal) she had a seizure from the lack of sodium and required quite a bit of work.  She does not remember us being there that day - but I spoke w/ my mom (her daughter) today and she's doing absolutely fantastically and may be released as early as Sunday.  Phew.  So much for hubby and I spending time together on Wednesday working on "Us"  I was also supposed to get my tattoo done on Wedneday - guess that didn't happen.

Went to Barix on Wednesday morning.  I was retaining fluid from my hormonal friend and weighed in at 138 (still not shabby!)  So BOTH dr. P and the nuts made mention to me of "only 10 pounds to go"  Hmmm....I told them I had actually hit 135 and was happy with that and thought that was my goal.  They both said 135 is a perfectly fine number, but 128 is my "Ideal" weight and see if I can hit it.  They said at my 12 mos visit we would talk about maintentance, unless I hit 128 before then - I am to call and have an appointment type deal over the phone w/ the nuts cause they don't want me dipping below 125.  So I updated my ticker.  I also weighed myself today and am at 133 which I'm estatic about.

That's about here - I'm probably gonna glance at some of the other posts - but not to many as I'm getting ready for bed.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 7/25/08 1:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam.,
Glad to hear things are better with your husband.
So sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Between work and your family - you are hardly able to
get away from the ER. Hope all goes well with
your grandmom. Have a good weekend.
Tammy

Hopefully everyone will remain  
bubble273
on 7/25/08 1:21 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Pam,

We've missed you!!!  It's so nice to see your pic on the boards again.  Glad things are going better with Brian.  Like we all said, that was the most important thing.

Glad to hear that your grandmother is doing GREAT!!!  Grandparents are such great people...I know mine were and I was deeply saddened when I didn't have them around anymore.

Take care.

Karen

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/25/08 1:56 am - PA
Pam - I'm glad your grandmother is doing better :)
And I'm so glad that things are going well with you and your husband.
Retaining tha****er every month really stinks....glad you dropped it :) You are so close to your new goal...Yeah!

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Liz R.
on 7/25/08 2:05 am - Easton, PA
Glad to hear that things with you and Brian are better and that your grandmother is doing well!
WE miss u but those things are more important! We are patient and understanding :)

COngrats on teh Barix visit too - great work!

Liz
NANCYL
on 7/25/08 2:11 am - PHILA, PA
Pam ,
Glad to hear things are better with you and husband they can be so needy!!!
Hope your grandmother is feeling better soon
Have a wonderful weekend

Nancy
dit657
on 7/25/08 2:21 am - Boothwyn, PA
As usual your life is anything but dull! Glad to hear from you - just want to make sure you're still sane and hanging in there. Glad to hear Grandma is going better - I never had a close relationship with any of my grands and they're all gone now for many, many years, so relish your time with her.

Hey, take care of yourself, too - check in when you can.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
oobiebus
on 7/25/08 5:56 am - pottstown, PA
See Pam ,we did miss you! So glad your back ,,,,Keep you rfaith and keep your love strong with your hubby!Hugs trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Lslaven
on 7/27/08 8:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Pam:
You are such a wise woman.  You knew when to change up priorities and put your marriage first and foremost.  I am glad things are going well.  As for your weight loss, you are just doing unbelievably.  You are the incredible shrinking woman and look awesome.  Flaunt it girl, you should!!!!!!
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views