Surgery date is July 29th need advice on protein ...

hmalloy
on 7/23/08 5:26 am
Surgery date is July 29th need advice on protein ...
dit657
on 7/23/08 5:41 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery date - do you have a nutritionist working with your surgeon thru this process? If so they should sit down with you and give you your protein goals and how to achieve them, along with your eating progression following surgery - everyone is different. Of course whey protein shakes are always a good source of protein - jus****ch the sugar content. Good luck with your surgery! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 7/23/08 6:01 am - Reading, PA
what kind of advice do you want on the protein?

Liz R.
on 7/24/08 4:41 am - Easton, PA
If memory is serving me correctly (And lately it hasn;t! lol) Dr Dahllal is in with Dr Bonanni right? SO you should meet with a nutritioist at pre admission testing and they will give you some tips. Right out of surgery you will be on some kind of a full liquid diet so protein shakes, don't invest in a big container, I reccomend sample sizes as your tastes WILL change after surgery. You can mix them with milk or water, milk adds more protein. Chicken and beef broth are also great choices.

Let us know if you have specific questions!

Best of luck on tuesday!

Liz
Lslaven
on 7/24/08 7:21 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on your upcoming date.  I wish you much success.  As for protein, the doctor's office should tell you how much you need daily.  In the beginning the best way to attempt to get your protein in is through shakes.  If there is any other information you need, don't hesitate to ask.
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views