i'm still alive and have a tentative surgery date!!!!

Karibbean
on 7/22/08 6:53 am - Erie area, PA

just wanted to pop in and say "HI!" from Chadds Ford area!

i've been very MIA the past 2 months.  life got hectic around mid-May and hasn't stopped.  the semester ended, my boyfriend had surgery, i had trainings for work.  then Steve's (my bf) father had a botched colonoscopy that almost ended his life.  we got his dad off life support and out of ICU and then Steve's daughter became very very ill while we were on vacation and we had to rush her home and deal with that situation.  i went back to work teaching a summer class on july 2 and have spent the past 3 weeks working and travelling up and down between philly and my old house where my daughter has spent the majority of her time since she got out of school on june 11. 

as for surgery stuff....i found out from BC/BS at the end of may that i was going to have to complete 3 more months of seeing my PCP for weight management before they would consider approving my surgery, so that threw me for a loop.  my pcp and i worked everything out, so as of august 8, i will have my last weight management appointment with him and we will submit.  i have spoken to my insurance rep through barix and she told me that barring any unforseen issues with Blue PPO, i should be able to schedule my surgery with no problem for Dec 29.  (since i am a college prof, i have to do this on my breaks)

i can't say i'm not a little disappointed because i wanted the surgery to be over and done with by now and have me on my way, but as jenn reminded me at the last support meeting we had at deb's house...what is the hurry?  it will happen and when it does, it will all be great!

anyhow, just a pop in to say hello to those that i know, and a "send me a PM sometime" to anyone who wants to chat!  i promise to catch up on the boards as best i can in the next few days!

oh, and i am moving on august 1 into a much bigger condo, so maybe the in the near brea future, the chadds ford/aston/media/west philly burbs meeting can be at my house!

Patricia R.
on 7/22/08 12:40 pm - Perry, MI
I am glad you are in the homestretch of your supervised diet.  I understand your frustration about wanting the surgery over and done with by now, but I believe things happen in God's time, and for a reason when they do.  So, hang in there, and keep looking up.  You have a positive attitude, which will get you far during your journey. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

New_Beginnings_36
on 7/23/08 12:14 am - PA
Glad to hear that things are going better for you now. Good luck with your move on the 1st. And don't worry, the next few months are going to fly by and your day will be here :) Take care and keep us posted.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 7/23/08 12:23 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad to see that all those situations in your's and your b/f's life have worked out, as well as you being closer to a surgery date. 

Good luck on your move and will look for a post that you have a date in the not too distant future!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

DebiMcK23
on 7/24/08 6:54 am - Aston, PA
I have missed you!
You know, we don't have to have an organized meeting to get together...
Just let me know if you want to come swimming sometime.  I am sure Jen O will come too!

That goes for everyone...   Swimming is a good exercise, even if we are just sitting in the pool chatting.

Cheers,
Debi

303/197/153

Lslaven
on 7/24/08 7:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am so happy for you that you are coming into the home stretch.  Believe me, it is worth the wait even though that wait is very frustrating.  I can't wait to see your I Got My Official Date post.
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views