S/F cheesecake???

Mary Benford
on 7/21/08 2:41 am - Emmaus, PA
I've been looking for a sugar free cheesecake recipe since yesterday, I've just really had a craving for the stuff.

Well, I found a pretty interesting recipe that I believe I'll be trying soon.   It seems like a great source of protein too!

Ricotta Fluff

taste like cheesecake without the fat & calories...

1 container of ricotta cheese

1 package sf/ff cheesecake pudding

a dollap or 2 of sour cream

mix together and enjoy!!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Liz R.
on 7/21/08 3:06 am - Easton, PA
oohh sounds good! I am going to have to try this one. I do it also with just the sour cream and pudding mix. It is good with the lemon with raspberries or strawberries on top!
jburgh
on 7/21/08 4:14 am
Mary,

Hi...try this one on for size, my wife makes this and I have taken it to work to non-wls people and most could not tell the difference.  I don't eat it much, but when I get the craving for cheesecake she makes it.  It uses crushed almonds as the crust, so you loose the cals and carbs from the graham crackers.  Also I put the s/f cherry topping on it and it it very good, low carb and very  dense fills you up.  If it comes out not sweet enough, sprinkle a little splenda on top....Enjoy

• 3 packages (1 and 1/2 lbs) cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 4 eggs (preferably room temperature)
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) vanilla
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 Tablespoon) lemon juice
  • 1 and 1/3 cups sugar equivalent of artificial sweetener (I like liquid concentrates for this recipe)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • Crust:
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 2 Tablespoon melted butter
  • 2 Tablespoon artificial sweetener

Preparation:

Heat oven to 375 F.

Tip: If you have bricks or a pizza stone or unglazed ceramic tile*, put them on the lower rack of the oven. This will hold the heat in the oven. This is good for cheesecakes not baked in a water bath. (Well, actually, it's helpful for any kind of baking, as it keeps the heat in the oven more constant. I keep a pizza stone in the oven most of the time.)

Combine ingredients for crust, and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until fragrant and beginning to brown.

Raise oven heat to 400 F, or lower to 350 F if you're using a water bath (see below).

Put cream cheese in mixing bowl, and beat until fluffy. Add other ingredients, scraping the bowl and beaters each time (this is very important), fully incorporating each ingredient. When all ingredients are combined, scrape one more time, beat one more minute, and pour mixture into pan over crust.

For this method, you start the cake at a high temperature, and it slowly drops. If you have stoneware, bricks, etc, this allows it to happen at a slower rate, and I get better results in less time. Put the cheesecake on a sheet pan in case of drippage. After putting the cheesecake in the oven at 400 F, turn the oven down to 200 F. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, checking often after an hour. When the cake is firm to touch but slightly soft in the center, or the center reaches 155 F, remove from oven.

birdgherl
on 7/21/08 6:25 am
Have you tried any low carb, premade cheesecakes? The Cheesecake Factory used to have 1 made with Slenda - only 6 carbs - and pretty tasty.

And Junior's sells low-sugar/carb cheesecakes also.
http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/catalog/product_detail.php/ pid=20~subid=3/index.html

These are pretty pricey to ship in the summer (~$20) but delicious. I could only handle very small quantities at a time though, probably because of the fat content.

Ready4 AChange
on 7/21/08 9:32 am, edited 7/21/08 9:33 am - Upper Chichester, PA

I have tried this recipe and it tastes pretty good Cheesecake
I substituted the reg. cream cheese for the fat free kind.

Sandy

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/08 10:36 am
Sounds good Mary!  I know this isn't a dessert type of cheese cake, but someone made it for a luncheon at work and it was really good.  I am not good at adapting recipes, so everyone will have to do it for themselves (substute the sugar and use low fat products). The OP on the recipe website notes at the end what he/she does to substitue some of the ingredients.  It was so good, I bought a springform pan (that I found at the Good Will for $3.00...brand new LOL)

HG

Courtesy of the Food Network and Giada De Laurentiis

1/2 cup ricotta cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup cream cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup goat cheese (2 ounces)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
Pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup thin strips roasted red bell peppers
4 pitas
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 to 2 teaspoons ho****er
Special equipment: 1 (4 1/2-inch diameter) springform (cheesecake) pan

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap the outside of the cheesecake pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Place the ricotta, cream cheese, and goat cheese in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the sugar, egg, and salt and pulse a few times until well mixed. Stir in the red pepper strips.

Pour the cheese mixture into the cheesecake pan. Place the cheesecake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough ho****er in the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake until the cheesecake is golden at the edges and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold.)

Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.

To make the pita chips, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the pitas into 8 triangles each (like a pie). Drizzle the pita with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.

To serve, combine the jam and the water in a small bowl and stir until the jam is liquefied. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. Place on a serving plate. Drizzle the jam mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Serve with the pita chips alongside.

*My differences are...I use part skim ricotta, 1/3 fat cream cheese, and an herbed goat cheese (not a plain). Don't use fat free products as it won't set up but the lighter versions work great. This recipe only makes one small springform pan that is 4 1/2 inches. I have quadrupled the recipe w/great success to make 4 of these suckers. Oh how I love these.   Courtesy of the Food Network and Giada De Laurentiis

1/2 cup ricotta cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup cream cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup goat cheese (2 ounces)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg
Pinch kosher salt
1/2 cup thin strips roasted red bell peppers
4 pitas
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup apricot jam
1 to 2 teaspoons ho****er
Special equipment: 1 (4 1/2-inch diameter) springform (cheesecake) pan

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap the outside of the cheesecake pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Place the ricotta, cream cheese, and goat cheese in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the sugar, egg, and salt and pulse a few times until well mixed. Stir in the red pepper strips.

Pour the cheese mixture into the cheesecake pan. Place the cheesecake pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough ho****er in the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake until the cheesecake is golden at the edges and the center of the cake moves slightly when the pan is gently shaken, about 45 minutes (the cake will become firm when it is cold.)

Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate until the cheesecake is cold, at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.

To make the pita chips, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the pitas into 8 triangles each (like a pie). Drizzle the pita with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until crisp and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.

To serve, combine the jam and the water in a small bowl and stir until the jam is liquefied. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. Place on a serving plate. Drizzle the jam mixture over the top of the cheesecake. Serve with the pita chips alongside.

*My differences are...I use part skim ricotta, 1/3 fat cream cheese, and an herbed goat cheese (not a plain). Don't use fat free products as it won't set up but the lighter versions work great. This recipe only makes one small springform pan that is 4 1/2 inches. I have quadrupled the recipe w/great success to make 4 of these suckers. Oh how I love these.      

cleos_mom
on 7/21/08 1:49 pm - phila., PA
Hi
 I pkg of 1/3 fat free cream cheese,softened)
1 tub of cool whip
1  teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup splenda

mix together and put in a pie pan  & chill

for crust you can use either crushe SF shortbrad cookies or crushed graham cracker crust
Susan
Pam Hart
on 7/21/08 7:07 pm - Easton, PA
Mary,

That sounds easy and good.  I will have to try it one day as well.  The following is a recipie and nutritional facts I bought to HG's fourth of july bar b que.  people seemed to like it good enough....I thought they were a little dry, so you might want to use just the 1/3 less fat cream cheese instead of the completely fat free cream cheese.  I also made my own sugar free fruit topping by combining frui****er, splenda, and then a slurry of cornstarch and water.  Combine water, fruit, splenda bring to a boil.  Slowly stir in the slurry of cornstarch and water until thickened.  I made mine in individual muffin tins, so you had one serving right off the bat.

Pam

Ingredients: 2 ¼ pounds (36 ounces) NONFAT Cream Cheese (room temp) 1 2/3 cup Splenda Granular 5 Eggs 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract 24 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers Fruit topping (if desired) Yield: 24 individual cheese cakes.   Pre Heat oven to 325 Beat cream cheese until smooth in an electric mixer Add Splenda – cream until light and fluffy and well combined Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition Add Vanilla   Line muffin pan with muffin liners. Place one reduced fat Nilla Wafer in bottom of each liner, flat side down. Fill muffin cups approximately 2/3 of the way up. Bake approximately 30 minutes or until set, turning once during cooking. Allow to cool   Fruit Topping (I didn’t measure most of it…) Fresh fruit of choice ½ cup Splenda granular 1/3 cup water SF syrup if desired Food Coloring if desired   Combine water, Splenda, and sf syrup if using in a small pot. Allow to come to a boil Add fruit (approximately ¾ cup) Cook for 1-2 minutes on high (you can add the food coloring at this point to make it more vibrant) In a separate glass, combine corn starch and COLD water to make a milky slurry. Slowly drizzle in cornstarch mixture to boiling fruit mixture, mixing constantly. Add to desired thickness.   SERVING SIZE: ONE INDIVIDUAL PLAIN CHEESECAKE Calories: 65 Fat 1.1gm Sugars: 3gm Protein 8gm Carbs 4.25gm  
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 7/21/08 7:10 pm - Easton, PA
Sorry it came out that way - I copied and pasted it and it looked like it was line for line like a real recipie - but once I posted it made into one big paragraph.

If you are interested, I can email you the word document so it's easier to read and follow

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views