Really Enjoying the NEW me

Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:17 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks Stephanie.

You are definitely on the way too!  Keep up the great work as well as tapping in to the support here and at support meetings.  I truly believe it is the best way to be successful.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Gail M.
on 7/20/08 1:27 pm - Scranton, PA
Jan,
   You are certainly alot further out than me but I understand how you are feeling.  I am so much happier just being 70 pounds lighter.  I'm still big but I feel healthy.  I also look in the mirror and I even wear makeup now.
   Isn't life grand???
Gail

Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:19 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Hi Gail!

Great to hear from you.  Thanks for your PM to me too.  Sorry I haven't replied back yet but I will. 

I hope you will come down to the "Philly" OH eventin October.  It would be great to see you again and really catch up.

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

J. M.
on 7/20/08 1:53 pm
Woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!

Rock it, Sr. Jan!

Congratulations and I am SO happy for you!!!

~ Jen   

Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:22 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks Jen,

I have no doubt that you are headed to the same "head' success.  Keep up all of your fine work both physically and mentally and viola, it will happen.  You are doing such an incredible job! 

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

Ldrakekat
on 7/20/08 2:25 pm - newtown, PA
What a wonderful post! I am someone considering the surgery and trying to figure out how to pay for it! Your post made my night. Just outta curiousity for my own self. How old were you when you had the surgery? I am 50 and have some concerns about how I will really look and not how I want to look. I don't want to be disappointed in myself should I decide to go further with this thing.
Patricia R.
on 7/20/08 10:14 pm - Perry, MI
I am hijacking this, but I was 48 when I had my surgery.  I am 50 now.  I know a woman who had it just around 60 years old.  I did it for the health reasons because of the comorbidities I had. 

I hope you are able to get the insurance or financing for this, because it is worth it.  I am blessed with great insurance.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Ldrakekat
on 7/20/08 11:35 pm - newtown, PA
Thank you for hijacking my post. The more information the better. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to clue me in. All and ainy information at this point is invaluable to me.
Again thank you.
Regards,
Amy
Jan K.
on 7/20/08 10:31 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks for your comments!

I was 49 when I had the surgery and turned 50 this year.  How I really look . . .  I have extra skin: a muffin top stomach, bat wings and upper droopy thieghs but am fortunate that it isn't all that bad.  Besides, I would rather have the lose skins than the filled out, round, fat body I had before.  My back, knees and hips do not cause me pain anymore (had prior surgeries on my kees and back).  I had WLS surgery for health reasons and my main goal to become at least 60% pain free from my arthritis and surgeries on my joints.  I can happily say I am MORE than 60% pain free.  Serioulty, there are some days I forget I have arthritis!   

I hope you can get this surgery should you decide it would be beneficial for you.  Check out the docs and facilties that take Medicare and Medicaid if you don't have insurance if you are on medicare or receive assistance.

Good luck!
Jan

--Mahatma Ghandi 

Ldrakekat
on 7/20/08 11:44 pm - newtown, PA
Dear Jan,
Thanks so much for your taking the time to reply and for your honesty. I greatly appreciate both. I figured that at my age their would definately be loose skin, I just needed it confirmed and the fact that you are happier with yourself and have no sense of disappointment means a lot also. I know that I need to be realistic.
I  recognized your doctor's name from a seminar that I just attended in Langhorne. Is that where you got your surgery? They seemed to helpful and informative.
Thanks again for your time and I hope you continue to enjoy the life you now have.
Much regards,
Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views